When Life Doesn’t Go As Planned
Patrick is an attorney with an MBA who has over 20 years of experience in the non-profit sector, government relations and corporate law.
Podcast: When Life Doesn’t Go As Planned
Lynch has a law degree from Suffolk University Law School and an MBA from Suffolk University Sawyer Business School. A two-time survivor of childhood cancer, he now serves as a motivational speaker. He is an official TEDx speaker, has spoken at national conferences, and was recognized as a top national fundraiser by the Leukemia and Lymphoma Team in Training program. He is an engaged volunteer and advocate for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and “Be The Match” and recently ran his first marathon to personally raise money and awareness for blood cancer.
[00:01 -16:30] Listening to Your Inner Voice
- Patrick talks about his experience in law school and his conflicted feelings about continuing to practice it after passing the bar exam
- If you or your employee is not a good fit for the job, let them go the earliest you can
- Through Patrick’s eyes: Surviving cancer twice
- There is a voice inside of us that is uniquely different from any other living creature in the universe.
[12:51 – 26:31] Follow Your Heart and Listen to Your Gut
- It takes courage to contemplate death but there’s beauty in facing and preparing for it
- Sometimes we think we have planned life out but looking back it’s serendipitous
- The moment of clarity that pushed Patrick to quit law
- Maintain relationships and create connections with people you see you could potentially work with in the future
[26:32 – 37:51] The Best Things in Life Aren’t Usually Planned
- Here’s the one common denominator of successful people
- No matter how much you think you have it all figured out, you never have it figured out
- Talking with people could develop your empathetic side
- People who are confident in their decisions are the ones who can learn the lesson from failure
- Patrick’s motivation for speaking on Ted Talk
[37:58 – 40:04] Closing Segment
- Connect with Patrick at https://www.patrickalynch.com (website) and listen to his podcast https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-follower/id1608080181 (The Follower)
Brian’s Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/brian-c-adams/
The Ultimate Guide to Commercial Real Estate Investing
Learn everything you need to know to assess the benefits of a commercial real estate investment and make the best decisions to get started.
How Much Money Do I Need to Start Investing in Commercial Real Estate?
We frequently have conversations where people tell us, “I want to start investing in commercial real estate, but I’m not sure if I have the capital.”
Benefits of Owning Commercial Property over Residential
While both types of real estate investments have their benefits, investing in CRE can be more advantageous for several reasons.
The Revolution That Wasn’t
How has technology impacted modern finance and created an asymmetrical relationship between Wall Street and individual investors? In this episode, we speak with Spencer Jakab, the author of The Revolution That Wasn’t and editor of the Wall Street Journal’s Heard on the Street column.
Tax Savings Secrets: How Cost Segregation Analysis Can Save You Money
How can cost segregation analysis help real estate investors maximize their returns? In this episode, John Hanning explores the potential benefits of cost recovery studies and depreciation.
What is a Family Owner’s Manual and Do I Need One?
It’s time to make sure you and your family are set up to continue success for generations to come. Today, Josh Kanter shares his journey transitioning from practice as a transactional attorney to reorganizing his family’s activities under a single-family office.
Key Characteristics of High-Performing Family Offices
Are family offices becoming more popular? In this episode, Robert Daugherty dives into the importance of having a functional family office, and the role of the Chief Learning Officer in it.
Talking to Your Parents about Their Finances
As your parents age, you may find that you want or need to broach the often-difficult subject of finances. In this episode, Cameron Huddleston, an award-winning personal finance journalist, discusses how to have meaningful conversations with your parents about their finances.
Pros, Cons, and Features of Robo-Advisors for the Wealthy
Learn how to amass wealth – the right way, for you. In this episode, Barbara Friedberg, a former portfolio manager and university investments and finance instructor, delves into how robo-advisors have revolutionized traditional financial advisory services.
A real estate private equity firm that owns and operates high quality multi-tenant office assets in emerging secondary markets.
Interested in learning more about Excelsior's investment opportunities?
104 Woodmont Blvd, Suite 120
Nashville, TN 37205
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances should any information presented on this website be construed as an offer to sell, or solicitation of an offer to purchase any securities or other investments. This website does not contain the information that an investor should consider or evaluate to make a potential investment. Other materials related to investments in entities managed by Excelsior Capital are not available to the general public.