When Life Doesn’t Go As Planned
Patrick is an attorney with an MBA who has over 20 years of experience in the non-profit sector, government relations and corporate law.
Podcast: When Life Doesn’t Go As Planned
Lynch has a law degree from Suffolk University Law School and an MBA from Suffolk University Sawyer Business School. A two-time survivor of childhood cancer, he now serves as a motivational speaker. He is an official TEDx speaker, has spoken at national conferences, and was recognized as a top national fundraiser by the Leukemia and Lymphoma Team in Training program. He is an engaged volunteer and advocate for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and “Be The Match” and recently ran his first marathon to personally raise money and awareness for blood cancer.
[00:01 -16:30] Listening to Your Inner Voice
- Patrick talks about his experience in law school and his conflicted feelings about continuing to practice it after passing the bar exam
- If you or your employee is not a good fit for the job, let them go the earliest you can
- Through Patrick’s eyes: Surviving cancer twice
- There is a voice inside of us that is uniquely different from any other living creature in the universe.
[12:51 – 26:31] Follow Your Heart and Listen to Your Gut
- It takes courage to contemplate death but there’s beauty in facing and preparing for it
- Sometimes we think we have planned life out but looking back it’s serendipitous
- The moment of clarity that pushed Patrick to quit law
- Maintain relationships and create connections with people you see you could potentially work with in the future
[26:32 – 37:51] The Best Things in Life Aren’t Usually Planned
- Here’s the one common denominator of successful people
- No matter how much you think you have it all figured out, you never have it figured out
- Talking with people could develop your empathetic side
- People who are confident in their decisions are the ones who can learn the lesson from failure
- Patrick’s motivation for speaking on Ted Talk
[37:58 – 40:04] Closing Segment
- Connect with Patrick at https://www.patrickalynch.com (website) and listen to his podcast https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-follower/id1608080181 (The Follower)
Brian’s Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/brian-c-adams/
Investing during an election year can feel like a daunting prospect, given the uncertainties and apprehensions that often accompany political transitions.
Join us as we sit down with Kristen Nicholson, entrepreneur and owner of Nashville’s first contrast therapy studio, Urban Sweat. Kristen is a healthcare professional with a background in health administration…
In this episode, host Brian Adams sits down with COO Jarrod Arnold to discuss the disconnect between the financial perceptions and realities facing younger generations today.
Brian Adams is joined by Sarah Johal, co-founder of Parents in Tech Alliance, who highlights the harsh realities caregivers face in the workplace. From discrimination to lack of support, we learn how 75% of the workforce provides care, yet leaders fail to track this untapped talent pool losing billions annually.
A real estate private equity firm that owns and operates high quality multi-tenant office assets in emerging secondary markets.
Interested in learning more about Excelsior's investment opportunities?
104 Woodmont Blvd, Suite 120
Nashville, TN 37205
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances should any information presented on this website be construed as an offer to sell, or solicitation of an offer to purchase any securities or other investments. This website does not contain the information that an investor should consider or evaluate to make a potential investment. Other materials related to investments in entities managed by Excelsior Capital are not available to the general public.