What Happens When High-Achievers Retire?
Podcast: What Happens When High-Achievers Retire?
[00:01 – 08:53] Opening Segment
- Susan co-founded Next Chapter Lifestyle Advisors to help advisors and their clients’ transition successfully into retirement
- Common issues of retirement include disillusionment after achieving a “retirement dream” or buying one’s way to happiness
[08:54 – 17:25] Rewiring Yourself for a New Chapter
- Susan developed a 5-step process to facilitate the process
- An assessment of lifestyle priorities and motivations using SuccessFinder
- A deep dive discovery with exercises to tap into the psyche of the person
- Creating a Clarity Matrix from the results of Steps 1 & 2
- Building a Happiness Portfolio on a Rich Life Platform
- Periodic Rewire It Check-in calls to ensure people stay
[17:26 – 24:09] Avoiding “Gray Divorce” and Achieving Holistic Wealth Management
- Retirement is not a word in the vocabulary of many older people who are still living active lives
- The transition to retirement can cause marital discord due to the change in roles and responsibilities
- Family offices are the ideal place to provide services that help couples prepare for retirement
[24:10 – 30:40] Unlocking the Value of Financial Therapy
- Advisors need to provide value add services such as financial therapy, financial wellness, and holistic relationship building
- To attract millennials, advisors need to provide a holistic approach and be a sounding board for life’s journeys
- When evaluating an advisor, it is important to have a guided conversation with the client and look for trustworthiness in the relationship
[30:41 – 33:50] Closing Segment
Connect with Susan:
Download our FREE Strategizing for Inflation Guide here!
Investing during an election year can feel like a daunting prospect, given the uncertainties and apprehensions that often accompany political transitions.
Join us as we sit down with Kristen Nicholson, entrepreneur and owner of Nashville’s first contrast therapy studio, Urban Sweat. Kristen is a healthcare professional with a background in health administration…
In this episode, host Brian Adams sits down with COO Jarrod Arnold to discuss the disconnect between the financial perceptions and realities facing younger generations today.
A real estate private equity firm that owns and operates high quality multi-tenant office assets in emerging secondary markets.
Interested in learning more about Excelsior's investment opportunities?
104 Woodmont Blvd, Suite 120
Nashville, TN 37205
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances should any information presented on this website be construed as an offer to sell, or solicitation of an offer to purchase any securities or other investments. This website does not contain the information that an investor should consider or evaluate to make a potential investment. Other materials related to investments in entities managed by Excelsior Capital are not available to the general public.