Venture Capital & The US Economy: How the Private Markets are Generating More Profit
Teddy Himler is a Venture Capital Partner, running a fund at Antler that focuses on what he calls emerging tech ecosystems.
Podcast: Venture Capital & The US Economy – How the Private Markets are Generating More Profit
[00:01 – 14:16] The Impact of Venture Capital on the US Economy
- VC is responsible for 40% of the workforce and contributes over 80% of R&D spending in the US
- How emerging economies are closer to becoming developed economies through venture capital
- The role of private markets in addressing the shortening of the life of public companies
[14:17 – 39:11] Geographic Arbitrage: Valuations in Emerging Markets
- Teddy shares his insights on success in venture capital and finding GPs
- The regional advantage and how it can be translated into a dominant market position
- How the US economy is the strongest in the world and has the most robust capital markets
[39:12 – 40:28] Closing Segment
- Email Teddy and follow him on Twitter
Teddy’s twitter: https://twitter.com/teddyhimler
The Power Law by Sebastian Mallaby
Shoe Dog by Phil Knight
Brian’s Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/brian-c-adams/
Louis O Connor is the Founder of Strategic Metals Invest, which is currently the only business in the world offering Rare Earths as physical assets to private investors.
Dwayne J. Clark is the Founder and CEO of Aegis Living. With more than 37 years of senior housing experience, Dwayne is nationally known for redefining the industry.
Diana Chambers is a highly respected Family Wealth Mentor and Philanthropic Advisor who established her business in the US in 2002 and subsequently in Switzerland, where she now resides.
A real estate private equity firm that owns and operates high quality multi-tenant office assets in emerging secondary markets.
Interested in learning more about Excelsior's investment opportunities?
104 Woodmont Blvd, Suite 120
Nashville, TN 37205
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances should any information presented on this website be construed as an offer to sell, or solicitation of an offer to purchase any securities or other investments. This website does not contain the information that an investor should consider or evaluate to make a potential investment. Other materials related to investments in entities managed by Excelsior Capital are not available to the general public.