Venture Capital & The US Economy: How the Private Markets are Generating More Profit
Teddy Himler is a Venture Capital Partner, running a fund at Antler that focuses on what he calls emerging tech ecosystems.
Podcast: Venture Capital & The US Economy – How the Private Markets are Generating More Profit
[00:01 – 14:16] The Impact of Venture Capital on the US Economy
- VC is responsible for 40% of the workforce and contributes over 80% of R&D spending in the US
- How emerging economies are closer to becoming developed economies through venture capital
- The role of private markets in addressing the shortening of the life of public companies
[14:17 – 39:11] Geographic Arbitrage: Valuations in Emerging Markets
- Teddy shares his insights on success in venture capital and finding GPs
- The regional advantage and how it can be translated into a dominant market position
- How the US economy is the strongest in the world and has the most robust capital markets
[39:12 – 40:28] Closing Segment
- Email Teddy and follow him on Twitter
Teddy’s twitter: https://twitter.com/teddyhimler
The Power Law by Sebastian Mallaby
Shoe Dog by Phil Knight
Brian’s Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/brian-c-adams/
Among the myriad of data points available, there’s two that stand out as key indicators of profitability: Internal Rate of Return (IRR) and Cash-on-Cash Return.
In the world of alternative investments, few sectors have garnered as much respect for their stability and long-term appreciation potential as commercial real estate.
A real estate private equity firm that owns and operates high quality multi-tenant office assets in emerging secondary markets.
Interested in learning more about Excelsior's investment opportunities?
104 Woodmont Blvd, Suite 120
Nashville, TN 37205
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances should any information presented on this website be construed as an offer to sell, or solicitation of an offer to purchase any securities or other investments. This website does not contain the information that an investor should consider or evaluate to make a potential investment. Other materials related to investments in entities managed by Excelsior Capital are not available to the general public.