Unraveling the Impact of Inflation on Investments
Podcast: Unraveling the Impact of Inflation on Investments
[00:01 – 07:23] The Impact of Inflation on Asset Classes and Timing the Market
- Aspen Funds use a macro-driven alternative investments approach that looks at more prominent macro trends first
- It is essential to understand the more significant trends driving economics and supply/demand of an asset class
[07:24 – 15:27] Inflationary Pressures Set to Drive Borrowing Costs Higher for Longer
- Headline inflation numbers are driving monetary policy
- The market is pricing in potential interest rate cuts in 2024
- Investors should consider inflation-protected assets such as self storage
[15:28 – 21:55] Taking Advantage of Real Estate Opportunities in a Volatile Market
- Institutional buyers are buying self-storage companies at a negative leverage rate
- There may be an excess supply of distressed deals in the market, creating good opportunities for investors
[21:56 – 30:52] Exploring the Benefits of Reshoring, Industrial Assets, and Alternative Asset Classes
- The growth of ecommerce has driven up industrial prices and values over the past decade
- The investment thesis focuses on big box industrial, flex industrial, and tech properties in markets
[30:53 – 32:31] Closing Segment
Connect with Ben:
Download our FREE Strategizing for Inflation Guide here!
Investing during an election year can feel like a daunting prospect, given the uncertainties and apprehensions that often accompany political transitions.
Join us as we sit down with Kristen Nicholson, entrepreneur and owner of Nashville’s first contrast therapy studio, Urban Sweat. Kristen is a healthcare professional with a background in health administration…
In this episode, host Brian Adams sits down with COO Jarrod Arnold to discuss the disconnect between the financial perceptions and realities facing younger generations today.
A real estate private equity firm that owns and operates high quality multi-tenant office assets in emerging secondary markets.
Interested in learning more about Excelsior's investment opportunities?
104 Woodmont Blvd, Suite 120
Nashville, TN 37205
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances should any information presented on this website be construed as an offer to sell, or solicitation of an offer to purchase any securities or other investments. This website does not contain the information that an investor should consider or evaluate to make a potential investment. Other materials related to investments in entities managed by Excelsior Capital are not available to the general public.