Understanding Trauma as a Key to Your Financial Behavior
Podcast: Understanding Trauma as a Key to Your Financial Behavior
[00:01 – 06:47] Opening Segment
- Welcoming Diana to the show
- Diana talks about understanding trauma as the key to financial behavior
- Our body’s reaction to trauma is the survival instinct
[05:57 – 15:13] Why You Behave The Way You Do
- The three primary sources of trauma
- The building block of a thriving family is building relational health
- Money represents different things for different people
- Here are concrete steps we can all take to have a healthy relationship with money
- We are responsible for our own well-being and for bringing that to the family
[15:14 – 28:32] Prejudices And Misconceptions
- Being an inheritor of wealth goes beyond just having more money
- Masculine traits have been embedded into the wealth management business that some women are finding it difficult to succeed in this space
- Helping women be confident about themselves knowing that they have a big contribution to make means asking the system that she’s within to be more open to women’s voice
[28:33 – 36:36] Being Comfortable in Your Own Skin
- Transition points in an ongoing wealth situation need legal guidance from very early on in the process
- It’s the lack of financial EQ and not the lack of financial IQ that is most likely to blow a situation up
- Happiness and wealth can coexist
[36:37 – 31:24] Closing Segment
- Diana’s meditation practice and going on annual silent retreat help her maintain peace
Diana’s website: https://dianachambers.com
Brian’s Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/brian-c-adams/
The Ultimate Guide to Commercial Real Estate Investing
Learn everything you need to know to assess the benefits of a commercial real estate investment and make the best decisions to get started.
How Much Money Do I Need to Start Investing in Commercial Real Estate?
We frequently have conversations where people tell us, “I want to start investing in commercial real estate, but I’m not sure if I have the capital.”
Benefits of Owning Commercial Property over Residential
While both types of real estate investments have their benefits, investing in CRE can be more advantageous for several reasons.
The Revolution That Wasn’t
How has technology impacted modern finance and created an asymmetrical relationship between Wall Street and individual investors? In this episode, we speak with Spencer Jakab, the author of The Revolution That Wasn’t and editor of the Wall Street Journal’s Heard on the Street column.
Tax Savings Secrets: How Cost Segregation Analysis Can Save You Money
How can cost segregation analysis help real estate investors maximize their returns? In this episode, John Hanning explores the potential benefits of cost recovery studies and depreciation.
What is a Family Owner’s Manual and Do I Need One?
It’s time to make sure you and your family are set up to continue success for generations to come. Today, Josh Kanter shares his journey transitioning from practice as a transactional attorney to reorganizing his family’s activities under a single-family office.
Key Characteristics of High-Performing Family Offices
Are family offices becoming more popular? In this episode, Robert Daugherty dives into the importance of having a functional family office, and the role of the Chief Learning Officer in it.
Talking to Your Parents about Their Finances
As your parents age, you may find that you want or need to broach the often-difficult subject of finances. In this episode, Cameron Huddleston, an award-winning personal finance journalist, discusses how to have meaningful conversations with your parents about their finances.
Pros, Cons, and Features of Robo-Advisors for the Wealthy
Learn how to amass wealth – the right way, for you. In this episode, Barbara Friedberg, a former portfolio manager and university investments and finance instructor, delves into how robo-advisors have revolutionized traditional financial advisory services.
A real estate private equity firm that owns and operates high quality multi-tenant office assets in emerging secondary markets.
Interested in learning more about Excelsior's investment opportunities?
104 Woodmont Blvd, Suite 120
Nashville, TN 37205
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances should any information presented on this website be construed as an offer to sell, or solicitation of an offer to purchase any securities or other investments. This website does not contain the information that an investor should consider or evaluate to make a potential investment. Other materials related to investments in entities managed by Excelsior Capital are not available to the general public.