The Changing Landscape of Global Wealth
Podcast: The Changing Landscape of Global Wealth
[00:01 – 19:06] How Multi-Family Office Platforms Grow Rapidly
- Jamie discusses about the overall market
- There is a category of multifamily offices called “commercial multi-family office,” which refers to firms that have never had a first family but serve higher, larger families
- These firms have grown tremendously in the past few years, and many are now seeking larger, more complex clients
[19:07 – 23:59] What to ask when interviewing a multifamily office
- Private equity firms typically rotate capital within a business unit for five to eight years, and there is a misalignment of interest between the capital sponsor and employees or clients
- The traditional 10-year term is problematic, and how younger principles are considering their own transition to commercial multi-family officesInterest rates on debt financing are more expensive, and this may take a tail off the aggressive nature of multiples
[24:00 – 43:19] Characteristics of Great RIAs
- The four types of investment firms are: commercial banks, trust companies, RIAs, and brokerage firms
- The culture of a RIA is often that of a “militant fiduciary”
- Why sales is seen as a bad word in the RIA culture, and acquiring new clients is often a condition of staying in business
[43:20 – 47:20] Closing Segment
Brian’s Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/brian-c-adams/
Real estate syndications are one of the best ways to access the full tax benefits of real estate ownership while still investing passively.
Jeff Strese is an Organizational Development Consultant and Executive Coach focusing on multi-generational family enterprises, corporations, and mission-driven nonprofit organizations.
David Mandel is an emerging tech Super-Angel Investor and managing partner of Emerging Ventures Capital. He has invested in over 500 startups.
Billy Keels is the founder of First Generation Capital Partners. He grew up knowing nothing about investing and challenged himself to learn everything.
A real estate private equity firm that owns and operates high quality multi-tenant office assets in emerging secondary markets.
Interested in learning more about Excelsior's investment opportunities?
104 Woodmont Blvd, Suite 120
Nashville, TN 37205
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances should any information presented on this website be construed as an offer to sell, or solicitation of an offer to purchase any securities or other investments. This website does not contain the information that an investor should consider or evaluate to make a potential investment. Other materials related to investments in entities managed by Excelsior Capital are not available to the general public.