The Changing Landscape of Global Wealth
Podcast: The Changing Landscape of Global Wealth
[00:01 – 19:06] How Multi-Family Office Platforms Grow Rapidly
- Jamie discusses about the overall market
- There is a category of multifamily offices called “commercial multi-family office,” which refers to firms that have never had a first family but serve higher, larger families
- These firms have grown tremendously in the past few years, and many are now seeking larger, more complex clients
[19:07 – 23:59] What to ask when interviewing a multifamily office
- Private equity firms typically rotate capital within a business unit for five to eight years, and there is a misalignment of interest between the capital sponsor and employees or clients
- The traditional 10-year term is problematic, and how younger principles are considering their own transition to commercial multi-family officesInterest rates on debt financing are more expensive, and this may take a tail off the aggressive nature of multiples
[24:00 – 43:19] Characteristics of Great RIAs
- The four types of investment firms are: commercial banks, trust companies, RIAs, and brokerage firms
- The culture of a RIA is often that of a “militant fiduciary”
- Why sales is seen as a bad word in the RIA culture, and acquiring new clients is often a condition of staying in business
[43:20 – 47:20] Closing Segment
Brian’s Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/brian-c-adams/
The Ultimate Guide to Commercial Real Estate Investing
Learn everything you need to know to assess the benefits of a commercial real estate investment and make the best decisions to get started.
Q1 2023 Commercial Real Estate Investment Update
The commercial real estate industry has seen significant shifts and challenges over the past year, and the first quarter of 2023 was no exception.
Understanding the Waterfall Structure in Real Estate Private Equity Investments
Learn about this distribution framework used in real estate private equity investments. Understand the components of a waterfall structure…
How Much Money Do I Need to Start Investing in Commercial Real Estate?
We frequently have conversations where people tell us, “I want to start investing in commercial real estate, but I’m not sure if I have the capital.”
Benefits of Owning Commercial Property over Residential
While both types of real estate investments have their benefits, investing in CRE can be more advantageous for several reasons.
The Revolution That Wasn’t
How has technology impacted modern finance and created an asymmetrical relationship between Wall Street and individual investors? In this episode, we speak with Spencer Jakab, the author of The Revolution That Wasn’t and editor of the Wall Street Journal’s Heard on the Street column.
Tax Savings Secrets: How Cost Segregation Analysis Can Save You Money
How can cost segregation analysis help real estate investors maximize their returns? In this episode, John Hanning explores the potential benefits of cost recovery studies and depreciation.
What is a Family Owner’s Manual and Do I Need One?
It’s time to make sure you and your family are set up to continue success for generations to come. Today, Josh Kanter shares his journey transitioning from practice as a transactional attorney to reorganizing his family’s activities under a single-family office.
Key Characteristics of High-Performing Family Offices
Are family offices becoming more popular? In this episode, Robert Daugherty dives into the importance of having a functional family office, and the role of the Chief Learning Officer in it.
A real estate private equity firm that owns and operates high quality multi-tenant office assets in emerging secondary markets.
Interested in learning more about Excelsior's investment opportunities?
104 Woodmont Blvd, Suite 120
Nashville, TN 37205
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances should any information presented on this website be construed as an offer to sell, or solicitation of an offer to purchase any securities or other investments. This website does not contain the information that an investor should consider or evaluate to make a potential investment. Other materials related to investments in entities managed by Excelsior Capital are not available to the general public.