The Age of Elevated Economics: A Shift to Purpose-Driven Business Model
Podcast: The Age of Elevated Economics – A Shift to Purpose-Driven Business Model
[00:01 – 15:21] Capitalism is in a transitional period
- What is Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG)
- Capitalism is in a period of change; peaking globalization, capitalism, inequality, and the great wealth transfer occurring at the same time.
- Richard’s Book discusses the theory that shareholders as the primary focus of a company have been replaced by a stakeholder-centric focus for business.
- This change is referred to as “the day the shareholders died”
- Corporate information is becoming more accessible, which pressures business leaders to change their ways
[15:21 – 23:43] The Age of Elevated Economics Is Here
- Shifting to a purpose-driven business model can have many benefits such as; Attracting and retaining talent, replacing executive-level talent quickly, and increasing consumer willingness to pay for goods and services
- Millennials focused on nonfinancial factors when making decisions about how to invest their money
- Sustainability strategies and practices will likely be more rewarded by this generation
[23:43 – 31:22] The $5 Tomato: Why Business Leaders Should Sell to Believers
- Capitalism is no longer a single bottom-line business
- There is a shift away from how we view the shareholder-only ecosystem
- It’s okay to charge accordingly for what is valuable to customers
- It’s an optimistic time and there are opportunities for business leaders
[37:58 – 40:04] Closing Segment
- Connect with Richard through https://www.linkedin.com/in/richardsteel9/
Brian’s Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/brian-c-adams/
Investing during an election year can feel like a daunting prospect, given the uncertainties and apprehensions that often accompany political transitions.
Join us as we sit down with Kristen Nicholson, entrepreneur and owner of Nashville’s first contrast therapy studio, Urban Sweat. Kristen is a healthcare professional with a background in health administration…
In this episode, host Brian Adams sits down with COO Jarrod Arnold to discuss the disconnect between the financial perceptions and realities facing younger generations today.
A real estate private equity firm that owns and operates high quality multi-tenant office assets in emerging secondary markets.
Interested in learning more about Excelsior's investment opportunities?
104 Woodmont Blvd, Suite 120
Nashville, TN 37205
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances should any information presented on this website be construed as an offer to sell, or solicitation of an offer to purchase any securities or other investments. This website does not contain the information that an investor should consider or evaluate to make a potential investment. Other materials related to investments in entities managed by Excelsior Capital are not available to the general public.