Tackling Trends in Accounting and The Workforce Shortage
Podcast: Tackling Trends in Accounting and The Workforce Shortage
[00:01 – 10:47] How COVID-19 Impacted the Workforce Over the Years
- The ups and downs of COVID-19 may have been unpredictable, but clients surely have stronger 2021s compared to 2020s.
- Moving forward, people can have better years but the rising inflation cost and work shortage stir up fear and uncertainties.
- Learning remote work is essential especially in the current status moving forward.
- With how the world is changing in the last two years, the impact on the workforce is notably negative on a larger scale. However, because of the inflation, business owners need to be wary about the wage increase.
[10:48 – 22:21] A Myriad of Aspects to Consider in the Aims of GDP and Business Growth
- In the lens of CPA firms, both small and big businesses are in for a challenge of workforce shortage.
- To sustain the GDP growth, American policies must ease their immigration policies.
- It is difficult to invest right now, given the current state of the government and its debt.
- In the last 18 months, we’ve seen IPO performances go up at least a turn almost overnight. It is a combination of two things – the quality of the businesses that are now potentially hitting the market and a big run-up in the stock market.
[22:22 – 34:03] Essentials in Decision-Making and Systems Curation Processes
- The family must be on the table when making big decisions as these can also change their lives.
- A great practice to incorporate is to allow two or three years of making sure that there is a buttoned-down decision-making matrix within your company and that the systems and processes are well-documented.
- When it comes to earnouts, the advice is to make sellers comfortable about not earning another dollar to refrain from being emotional.
[34:04 – 36:50] Closing Segment
- Check out Aprio and Aprio Advisory Podcast to see actionable and insightful information about what’s happening within the marketplace.
The Ultimate Guide to Commercial Real Estate Investing
Learn everything you need to know to assess the benefits of a commercial real estate investment and make the best decisions to get started.
Q1 2023 Commercial Real Estate Investment Update
The commercial real estate industry has seen significant shifts and challenges over the past year, and the first quarter of 2023 was no exception.
Understanding the Waterfall Structure in Real Estate Private Equity Investments
Learn about this distribution framework used in real estate private equity investments. Understand the components of a waterfall structure…
How Much Money Do I Need to Start Investing in Commercial Real Estate?
We frequently have conversations where people tell us, “I want to start investing in commercial real estate, but I’m not sure if I have the capital.”
Benefits of Owning Commercial Property over Residential
While both types of real estate investments have their benefits, investing in CRE can be more advantageous for several reasons.
The Revolution That Wasn’t
How has technology impacted modern finance and created an asymmetrical relationship between Wall Street and individual investors? In this episode, we speak with Spencer Jakab, the author of The Revolution That Wasn’t and editor of the Wall Street Journal’s Heard on the Street column.
Tax Savings Secrets: How Cost Segregation Analysis Can Save You Money
How can cost segregation analysis help real estate investors maximize their returns? In this episode, John Hanning explores the potential benefits of cost recovery studies and depreciation.
What is a Family Owner’s Manual and Do I Need One?
It’s time to make sure you and your family are set up to continue success for generations to come. Today, Josh Kanter shares his journey transitioning from practice as a transactional attorney to reorganizing his family’s activities under a single-family office.
Key Characteristics of High-Performing Family Offices
Are family offices becoming more popular? In this episode, Robert Daugherty dives into the importance of having a functional family office, and the role of the Chief Learning Officer in it.
A real estate private equity firm that owns and operates high quality multi-tenant office assets in emerging secondary markets.
Interested in learning more about Excelsior's investment opportunities?
104 Woodmont Blvd, Suite 120
Nashville, TN 37205
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances should any information presented on this website be construed as an offer to sell, or solicitation of an offer to purchase any securities or other investments. This website does not contain the information that an investor should consider or evaluate to make a potential investment. Other materials related to investments in entities managed by Excelsior Capital are not available to the general public.