Revolutionizing Financial Advising through Technology
Podcast: Revolutionizing Financial Advising through Technology
Jason also gives insight into how advisors can be proactive in their communication with clients by leveraging technology and segmenting their books to deliver personalized communication. We then delve into Helios’ white-labeled back office solution that allows advisors to outsource asset management programs while continuing to own their asset management program. Jason shares his experience as a former employee of large household name firms and provides tips on how financial advisors can remain disciplined during this challenging market environment, such as using trend-following methods.
Tune in now to gain valuable insight into how technology is revolutionizing financial advising!
[00:07 – 13:42] The Wealth Management Industry
- Technology has enabled financial advisors to provide more services to their clients
- Helios provides a white-labeled back office solution for advisors to focus on where they excel
- Helios uses the term “insourced CIO” which is different from an outsourced CIO
- Advisors need to pay attention to data points and give clients simple, cogent information
[13:43 – 22:34] Being Relevant in an Ever-Changing Industry
- Loosened barriers to spinning out with service providers and partners
- Generational change and wealth transfer from baby boomers to millennials/Gen Z
- Academic trends following research can guide risk positioning
- Alternatives to the market such as fixed income, direct real estate, private credit, etc. becoming more attractive
[22:35 – 31:35] Leveraging Technology to Democratize Investment Management
- Democratization of investment management has made it easier for financial advisors to access different platforms
- Financial advisors should increase communication and transparency with clients during times of uncertainty
- Clients should be segmented and given personalized communications based on their preferences
[31:36 – 33:42] Closing Segment
Brian’s Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/brian-c-adams/
The Ultimate Guide to Commercial Real Estate Investing
Learn everything you need to know to assess the benefits of a commercial real estate investment and make the best decisions to get started.
Q1 2023 Commercial Real Estate Investment Update
The commercial real estate industry has seen significant shifts and challenges over the past year, and the first quarter of 2023 was no exception.
Understanding the Waterfall Structure in Real Estate Private Equity Investments
Learn about this distribution framework used in real estate private equity investments. Understand the components of a waterfall structure…
How Much Money Do I Need to Start Investing in Commercial Real Estate?
We frequently have conversations where people tell us, “I want to start investing in commercial real estate, but I’m not sure if I have the capital.”
Benefits of Owning Commercial Property over Residential
While both types of real estate investments have their benefits, investing in CRE can be more advantageous for several reasons.
The Revolution That Wasn’t
How has technology impacted modern finance and created an asymmetrical relationship between Wall Street and individual investors? In this episode, we speak with Spencer Jakab, the author of The Revolution That Wasn’t and editor of the Wall Street Journal’s Heard on the Street column.
Tax Savings Secrets: How Cost Segregation Analysis Can Save You Money
How can cost segregation analysis help real estate investors maximize their returns? In this episode, John Hanning explores the potential benefits of cost recovery studies and depreciation.
What is a Family Owner’s Manual and Do I Need One?
It’s time to make sure you and your family are set up to continue success for generations to come. Today, Josh Kanter shares his journey transitioning from practice as a transactional attorney to reorganizing his family’s activities under a single-family office.
Key Characteristics of High-Performing Family Offices
Are family offices becoming more popular? In this episode, Robert Daugherty dives into the importance of having a functional family office, and the role of the Chief Learning Officer in it.
A real estate private equity firm that owns and operates high quality multi-tenant office assets in emerging secondary markets.
Interested in learning more about Excelsior's investment opportunities?
104 Woodmont Blvd, Suite 120
Nashville, TN 37205
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances should any information presented on this website be construed as an offer to sell, or solicitation of an offer to purchase any securities or other investments. This website does not contain the information that an investor should consider or evaluate to make a potential investment. Other materials related to investments in entities managed by Excelsior Capital are not available to the general public.