Private Equity is Taking Over the World
Podcast: Private Equity is Taking Over the World
[00:01 – 15:08] Family Offices Enter the Private Equity Space
- Private equity firms and family offices are starting to meet in the middle
- Blu Wave has seen an increase in clients looking for ways to invest directly
[15:08 – 22:53] Private Equity Funds Struggle to Find Quality Assets
- Red flags that indicate a potential problem in a direct investment
- The private equity ecosystem is becoming more accessible to a broader pool of investors
[22:53 – 29:58] Embracing Technology To Address Labor Shortages
- There is the pressure of inflation, labor shortages, and a generational shift among GPs
- Private equity firms are trying to address these issues with continuity plans, culture, and technology
- Seeing positive impacts from these efforts, including increased efficiency and satisfaction among team members
[29:59 – 37:17] Covid’s Impact on the Private Equity Industry
- Covid has catalyzed in many people the realization that data can help make better decisions
- Many in private equity are struggling with its transition into a hybrid world where you don’t have to be fully in-virtual or in-person
- Private equity firms realize that they need a more portfolio approach and that globalization is not necessarily peaked.
[37:18 – 37:31] Closing Segment
- Connect with Sean: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mooneysean/
Sean’s website: http://www.bluwave.net
Brian’s Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/brian-c-adams/
The Ultimate Guide to Commercial Real Estate Investing
Learn everything you need to know to assess the benefits of a commercial real estate investment and make the best decisions to get started.
How Much Money Do I Need to Start Investing in Commercial Real Estate?
We frequently have conversations where people tell us, “I want to start investing in commercial real estate, but I’m not sure if I have the capital.”
Benefits of Owning Commercial Property over Residential
While both types of real estate investments have their benefits, investing in CRE can be more advantageous for several reasons.
The Revolution That Wasn’t
How has technology impacted modern finance and created an asymmetrical relationship between Wall Street and individual investors? In this episode, we speak with Spencer Jakab, the author of The Revolution That Wasn’t and editor of the Wall Street Journal’s Heard on the Street column.
Tax Savings Secrets: How Cost Segregation Analysis Can Save You Money
How can cost segregation analysis help real estate investors maximize their returns? In this episode, John Hanning explores the potential benefits of cost recovery studies and depreciation.
What is a Family Owner’s Manual and Do I Need One?
It’s time to make sure you and your family are set up to continue success for generations to come. Today, Josh Kanter shares his journey transitioning from practice as a transactional attorney to reorganizing his family’s activities under a single-family office.
Key Characteristics of High-Performing Family Offices
Are family offices becoming more popular? In this episode, Robert Daugherty dives into the importance of having a functional family office, and the role of the Chief Learning Officer in it.
Talking to Your Parents about Their Finances
As your parents age, you may find that you want or need to broach the often-difficult subject of finances. In this episode, Cameron Huddleston, an award-winning personal finance journalist, discusses how to have meaningful conversations with your parents about their finances.
Pros, Cons, and Features of Robo-Advisors for the Wealthy
Learn how to amass wealth – the right way, for you. In this episode, Barbara Friedberg, a former portfolio manager and university investments and finance instructor, delves into how robo-advisors have revolutionized traditional financial advisory services.
A real estate private equity firm that owns and operates high quality multi-tenant office assets in emerging secondary markets.
Interested in learning more about Excelsior's investment opportunities?
104 Woodmont Blvd, Suite 120
Nashville, TN 37205
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances should any information presented on this website be construed as an offer to sell, or solicitation of an offer to purchase any securities or other investments. This website does not contain the information that an investor should consider or evaluate to make a potential investment. Other materials related to investments in entities managed by Excelsior Capital are not available to the general public.