Private Equity is Taking Over the World
Podcast: Private Equity is Taking Over the World
[00:01 – 15:08] Family Offices Enter the Private Equity Space
- Private equity firms and family offices are starting to meet in the middle
- Blu Wave has seen an increase in clients looking for ways to invest directly
[15:08 – 22:53] Private Equity Funds Struggle to Find Quality Assets
- Red flags that indicate a potential problem in a direct investment
- The private equity ecosystem is becoming more accessible to a broader pool of investors
[22:53 – 29:58] Embracing Technology To Address Labor Shortages
- There is the pressure of inflation, labor shortages, and a generational shift among GPs
- Private equity firms are trying to address these issues with continuity plans, culture, and technology
- Seeing positive impacts from these efforts, including increased efficiency and satisfaction among team members
[29:59 – 37:17] Covid’s Impact on the Private Equity Industry
- Covid has catalyzed in many people the realization that data can help make better decisions
- Many in private equity are struggling with its transition into a hybrid world where you don’t have to be fully in-virtual or in-person
- Private equity firms realize that they need a more portfolio approach and that globalization is not necessarily peaked.
[37:18 – 37:31] Closing Segment
- Connect with Sean: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mooneysean/
Sean’s website: http://www.bluwave.net
Brian’s Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/brian-c-adams/
Louis O Connor is the Founder of Strategic Metals Invest, which is currently the only business in the world offering Rare Earths as physical assets to private investors.
Teddy Himler is a Venture Capital Partner, running a fund at Antler that focuses on what he calls emerging tech ecosystems.
Dwayne J. Clark is the Founder and CEO of Aegis Living. With more than 37 years of senior housing experience, Dwayne is nationally known for redefining the industry.
Diana Chambers is a highly respected Family Wealth Mentor and Philanthropic Advisor who established her business in the US in 2002 and subsequently in Switzerland, where she now resides.
A real estate private equity firm that owns and operates high quality multi-tenant office assets in emerging secondary markets.
Interested in learning more about Excelsior's investment opportunities?
104 Woodmont Blvd, Suite 120
Nashville, TN 37205
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances should any information presented on this website be construed as an offer to sell, or solicitation of an offer to purchase any securities or other investments. This website does not contain the information that an investor should consider or evaluate to make a potential investment. Other materials related to investments in entities managed by Excelsior Capital are not available to the general public.