Personal Health is Your Most Valuable Asset
Podcast: Personal Health is Your Most Valuable Asset
Parker Gates is a coach, serial entrepreneur, and teacher at Stanford’s d.school. He helps entrepreneurs and leaders suffering from burnout and was one of Brian’s first tenants in a real estate deal many years ago. Parker emphasizes the importance of emotional support and mindfulness for entrepreneurs, such as developing a mindfulness practice to become aware of data points and journaling to become self-aware. He also stresses the need to prioritize values over wealth and take time for reflection to audit one’s life.
Listen as Parker shares how reflection can help individuals realize they may be living a life not in alignment with their values.
[00:00 – 08:38] From Burnout to Entrepreneur
- Introducing Parker to the show
- He has started several companies in the past and now helps entrepreneurs and leaders suffering from burnout
- How Parker got into Design Thinking
[08:39 – 14:19] How Burnout Can Lead to a Pivotal Change in Life
- Quitting a stable job turned out to be the most remarkable thing in Parker’s life
[14:20 – 20:57] The Benefits of Mindfulness and Self-Awareness
- Creating a mindfulness practice is vital to become self-aware
- Journaling prompts to pause and reflect
- Awareness around health, wellness, and mental health is increasing
- Integrating methods like movement, therapy, etc. into life is important
[20:58 – 35:43] What Successful Entrepreneurs Need to Know About Existential Dread
- Think about the goals that are important to you and then reverse engineer your way into how much money does that take
- There is a feedback loop which makes you think you’re winning the game
- Reflection and journaling can help people live the life they intend to live
- It is hard to be the black sheep when everyone around you is doing something unhealthy
[35:44 – 40:04] Closing Segment
- Connect with Parker through the links below
Connect with Brian Adams on LinkedIn!
Investing during an election year can feel like a daunting prospect, given the uncertainties and apprehensions that often accompany political transitions.
Join us as we sit down with Kristen Nicholson, entrepreneur and owner of Nashville’s first contrast therapy studio, Urban Sweat. Kristen is a healthcare professional with a background in health administration…
In this episode, host Brian Adams sits down with COO Jarrod Arnold to discuss the disconnect between the financial perceptions and realities facing younger generations today.
Brian Adams is joined by Sarah Johal, co-founder of Parents in Tech Alliance, who highlights the harsh realities caregivers face in the workplace. From discrimination to lack of support, we learn how 75% of the workforce provides care, yet leaders fail to track this untapped talent pool losing billions annually.
Zack Cooper, senior fellow at the American Enterprise Institute and lecturer at Princeton University, joins us for an engaging discussion about geopolitical issues today.
A real estate private equity firm that owns and operates high quality multi-tenant office assets in emerging secondary markets.
Interested in learning more about Excelsior's investment opportunities?
104 Woodmont Blvd, Suite 120
Nashville, TN 37205
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances should any information presented on this website be construed as an offer to sell, or solicitation of an offer to purchase any securities or other investments. This website does not contain the information that an investor should consider or evaluate to make a potential investment. Other materials related to investments in entities managed by Excelsior Capital are not available to the general public.