Navigating the Exit - Tips to Sell Your Business
Podcast: Navigating the Exit – Tips to Sell Your Business
[00:01 – 09:30] Jeff Getty’s Insights on Business, Taxes, and Generational Shift
- Jeff Getty discusses Key’s Family Wealth Consulting Team and the busy year they had in 2021.
- He shares how he believes that there will be a tax change in the next few years, which will cause the sunset provisions to kick in and increase taxes for businesses.
- The biggest mistakes business owners make when selling their businesses are failing to fully grasp what the process looks like and overestimating the value of their business.
- To avoid these mistakes, business owners need to be educated on how the process works and understand their compensation before selling their businesses.
[09:31 – 26:54] Tax Planning Tips for Clients Selling Businesses
- When negotiating a purchase, it is important to understand the tax implications of the deal and to make sure that all relevant taxes have been accounted for.
- Jeff tackles how to reduce the tax burden on a business transaction.
- Serial entrepreneurs are more likely to engage in tax planning and structural changes before the sale. As a result, do a better job of building financials.
[26:55 – 35:35] Pointers to Successfully Navigate Your Exit
- Family offices are becoming a major player in the solar industry, and they are likely to continue to do so for the next 10 to 20 years.
- You need a CPA, and depending on the type of the deal, you may also need a business broker or investment banker to sell your business.
- If your business is heavy on intellectual property, you also need an IP lawyer.
[35:36 – 37:23] Closing Segment
- Strike up a conversation and work with Jeff Getty!
In this episode, Samuel Bendett discusses the military’s use of robotics and artificial intelligence. Sam provides insight into the global implications of these technologies on modern warfare, including how smaller countries can now defend themselves more effectively with commercial drone technology.
Mental health and physical well-being directly impact success. In this episode, Dr. Luana Marques explains how moderate levels can be managed with cognitive behavioral therapy.
With 35 years of experience in financial services, working on Wall Street and for major regional firms, Richard has seen it all.
A real estate private equity firm that owns and operates high quality multi-tenant office assets in emerging secondary markets.
Interested in learning more about Excelsior's investment opportunities?
104 Woodmont Blvd, Suite 120
Nashville, TN 37205
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances should any information presented on this website be construed as an offer to sell, or solicitation of an offer to purchase any securities or other investments. This website does not contain the information that an investor should consider or evaluate to make a potential investment. Other materials related to investments in entities managed by Excelsior Capital are not available to the general public.