Navigating the Complex Landscape of Family Offices
Podcast: Navigating the Complex Landscape of Family Offices
[00:01 – 06:56] Opening Segment
- Family offices outside of operating companies are relatively new in Australia
- A family office is defined as a corporate entity set up to manage the assets of a single family
[06:57 – 13:42] Leveraging Technology to Create Digital Family Offices
- How Shaun struggled with the ‘golden handcuff’ of working for a good business
- He started his firm four years ago to remove bureaucracy and build something to enjoy working for
- Technology has changed financial services, and multi-family offices are trying to leverage it
[14:43 – 22:17] Challenges for Family Offices in Australia
- The biggest challenge for Australian clients is putting in a full-blown tech stack
- Family offices often fall into a gray area between RIAs and institutional custodial relationships
- COVID has led to families relocating to Singapore and Australia in Southeast Asia for infrastructure, tax, and stability
[22:18 – 27:10] Exploring the Challenges of Asset Transition and Relationship Management with Family Offices
- Singapore is an attractive tax regime and has good staff, time zone, and capital allocation
- The baby boomer generation is exiting and rolling over assets to the next generation
- A good reporting structure helps engage with the next generation
[27:11 – 35:14] Closing Segment
- Sherpa Newsletter is a guide to the family office sector, sent out to 1000 people every two weeks
- Shaun’s daily practice
Shaun’s LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/shaun-parkin-41973425/?originalSubdomain=au
Brian’s Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/brian-c-adams/
Among the myriad of data points available, there’s two that stand out as key indicators of profitability: Internal Rate of Return (IRR) and Cash-on-Cash Return.
In the world of alternative investments, few sectors have garnered as much respect for their stability and long-term appreciation potential as commercial real estate.
A real estate private equity firm that owns and operates high quality multi-tenant office assets in emerging secondary markets.
Interested in learning more about Excelsior's investment opportunities?
104 Woodmont Blvd, Suite 120
Nashville, TN 37205
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances should any information presented on this website be construed as an offer to sell, or solicitation of an offer to purchase any securities or other investments. This website does not contain the information that an investor should consider or evaluate to make a potential investment. Other materials related to investments in entities managed by Excelsior Capital are not available to the general public.