Life-Changing Innovations in the Space Industry
Podcast: Life-Changing Innovations in the Space Industry
[00:01 – 17:14] Get to Know the Space Industry
- The first wave of the space economy was started in 2017 when SpaceX achieved reusability with its launch vehicles. This opened up the doors to send more assets into space, which has resulted in experts believing there will be 150,000 satellites in orbit by the year 2057.
- The second wave of the space economy is focused on building infrastructure and orbit to support all the volume of satellites and assets up there. This includes developing refueling hubs for satellites, data relay systems, and moving things around in space.
- Daniel discusses timelines and points out that there are already some investments in place, as well as opportunities for new investment in space infrastructure and applications.
[17:15 – 26:39] Insider Updates and Space Travel Facts
- The lunar economy is something to be excited about. NASA is going back to the moon at the end of this year, and there’s the human landing system in place.
- There are a number of factors that contribute to the high price of space launches, including geopolitical tensions and the need for reliable and reusable vehicles. Additionally, the new space economy is producing a number of talented entrepreneurs, and there are a variety of geographies where private investments in space are being made.
[26:40 – 29:38] Stepping into the Space Industry
- A big misconception about getting into the industry is thinking that it will take too long and too much capital to establish a space industry.
- It’s important to have the right mix of technical and investing backgrounds to be able to tackle the space industry. The timing for establishing a space industry is ripe with opportunity.
[29:39 – 31:35] Closing Segment
- Reach out to be educated and be up-to-date with what’s happening in the new space economy.
The Ultimate Guide to Commercial Real Estate Investing
Learn everything you need to know to assess the benefits of a commercial real estate investment and make the best decisions to get started.
Q1 2023 Commercial Real Estate Investment Update
The commercial real estate industry has seen significant shifts and challenges over the past year, and the first quarter of 2023 was no exception.
Understanding the Waterfall Structure in Real Estate Private Equity Investments
Learn about this distribution framework used in real estate private equity investments. Understand the components of a waterfall structure…
How Much Money Do I Need to Start Investing in Commercial Real Estate?
We frequently have conversations where people tell us, “I want to start investing in commercial real estate, but I’m not sure if I have the capital.”
Benefits of Owning Commercial Property over Residential
While both types of real estate investments have their benefits, investing in CRE can be more advantageous for several reasons.
The Revolution That Wasn’t
How has technology impacted modern finance and created an asymmetrical relationship between Wall Street and individual investors? In this episode, we speak with Spencer Jakab, the author of The Revolution That Wasn’t and editor of the Wall Street Journal’s Heard on the Street column.
Tax Savings Secrets: How Cost Segregation Analysis Can Save You Money
How can cost segregation analysis help real estate investors maximize their returns? In this episode, John Hanning explores the potential benefits of cost recovery studies and depreciation.
What is a Family Owner’s Manual and Do I Need One?
It’s time to make sure you and your family are set up to continue success for generations to come. Today, Josh Kanter shares his journey transitioning from practice as a transactional attorney to reorganizing his family’s activities under a single-family office.
Key Characteristics of High-Performing Family Offices
Are family offices becoming more popular? In this episode, Robert Daugherty dives into the importance of having a functional family office, and the role of the Chief Learning Officer in it.
A real estate private equity firm that owns and operates high quality multi-tenant office assets in emerging secondary markets.
Interested in learning more about Excelsior's investment opportunities?
104 Woodmont Blvd, Suite 120
Nashville, TN 37205
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances should any information presented on this website be construed as an offer to sell, or solicitation of an offer to purchase any securities or other investments. This website does not contain the information that an investor should consider or evaluate to make a potential investment. Other materials related to investments in entities managed by Excelsior Capital are not available to the general public.