Life-Changing Innovations in the Space Industry
Podcast: Life-Changing Innovations in the Space Industry
[00:01 – 17:14] Get to Know the Space Industry
- The first wave of the space economy was started in 2017 when SpaceX achieved reusability with its launch vehicles. This opened up the doors to send more assets into space, which has resulted in experts believing there will be 150,000 satellites in orbit by the year 2057.
- The second wave of the space economy is focused on building infrastructure and orbit to support all the volume of satellites and assets up there. This includes developing refueling hubs for satellites, data relay systems, and moving things around in space.
- Daniel discusses timelines and points out that there are already some investments in place, as well as opportunities for new investment in space infrastructure and applications.
[17:15 – 26:39] Insider Updates and Space Travel Facts
- The lunar economy is something to be excited about. NASA is going back to the moon at the end of this year, and there’s the human landing system in place.
- There are a number of factors that contribute to the high price of space launches, including geopolitical tensions and the need for reliable and reusable vehicles. Additionally, the new space economy is producing a number of talented entrepreneurs, and there are a variety of geographies where private investments in space are being made.
[26:40 – 29:38] Stepping into the Space Industry
- A big misconception about getting into the industry is thinking that it will take too long and too much capital to establish a space industry.
- It’s important to have the right mix of technical and investing backgrounds to be able to tackle the space industry. The timing for establishing a space industry is ripe with opportunity.
[29:39 – 31:35] Closing Segment
- Reach out to be educated and be up-to-date with what’s happening in the new space economy.
Derren Burrell is a professional money manager with 28 years of experience in both the public and private sectors. Highlights of his active-duty service as an Air Force Financial Manager include managing $15 billion at the Pentagon…
Jason McCann is the CEO of Vari. It is his mission to help companies create environments that elevate people. He co-founded VariDesk in 2013, and the brand quickly became synonymous with sit-stand desks.
Liam Bailey is the global head of research at Knight Frank, based in London. Liam runs a team providing insight on the world’s key property markets.
Stephen is the CEO of GoldCore, one of the oldest gold and silver dealers in the market today that has turned over $1 billion in transactions and manages $300 million in assets for their clients.
A real estate private equity firm that owns and operates high quality multi-tenant office assets in emerging secondary markets.
Interested in learning more about Excelsior's investment opportunities?
104 Woodmont Blvd, Suite 203
Nashville, TN 37205
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances should any information presented on this website be construed as an offer to sell, or solicitation of an offer to purchase any securities or other investments. This website does not contain the information that an investor should consider or evaluate to make a potential investment. Other materials related to investments in entities managed by Excelsior Capital are not available to the general public.