Life After The Military: Veteran Entrepreneurship
Podcast: Life After The Military – Veteran Entrepreneurship
[00:01 -07:30] The Transition from Military to Civilian Life
- The challenges veterans face in entrepreneurship
- Equal opportunity for veterans is what pushed Derren to put up Veteran Ventures Capital
- Helping veterans transition from the military to their private lives
[07:31 – 17:30] Veteran Entrepreneurship
- Traits that make veterans great entrepreneurs
- A significant decrease in the desire to have business due to a lack of network and funding
- Helping pave the way for veterans to enter business with the government
[17:31 – 30:12] Getting a Fair Chance at Business
- Veteran Ventures Capital’s portfolio – assets focusing on national security and less focus on the medical side
- Government and private sector: Finding innovative ways to strengthen defense
- How the government provides a fair opportunity for veterans to compete with other contractors
[30:13 – 34:53] Closing Segment
- Want to engage and make a difference? Visit https://www.veteranventures.us/
Brian’s Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/brian-c-adams/
Jason McCann is the CEO of Vari. It is his mission to help companies create environments that elevate people. He co-founded VariDesk in 2013, and the brand quickly became synonymous with sit-stand desks.
Liam Bailey is the global head of research at Knight Frank, based in London. Liam runs a team providing insight on the world’s key property markets.
Stephen is the CEO of GoldCore, one of the oldest gold and silver dealers in the market today that has turned over $1 billion in transactions and manages $300 million in assets for their clients.
Jeff Hays has 27 years of experience in the financial industry and was the co-founder of the institutional asset management company Hays Advisory and ran the company until 2019.
A real estate private equity firm that owns and operates high quality multi-tenant office assets in emerging secondary markets.
Interested in learning more about Excelsior's investment opportunities?
104 Woodmont Blvd, Suite 203
Nashville, TN 37205
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances should any information presented on this website be construed as an offer to sell, or solicitation of an offer to purchase any securities or other investments. This website does not contain the information that an investor should consider or evaluate to make a potential investment. Other materials related to investments in entities managed by Excelsior Capital are not available to the general public.