Key Characteristics of High-Performing Family Offices
Podcast: Key Characteristics of High-Performing Family Offices
Robert C. Daugherty served as the Dean of the Forbes School of Business and Technology and is a Professor of Strategy and Finance. Having served on over two dozen corporate boards, he regularly advises private equity firms, institutional investors, and family offices on mergers and acquisitions, and corporate governance. He writes a regular column for Forbes China on investing and leadership.
[00:01 – 06:21] Opening Segment
- How to build a high-performing family office
- Metrics for a high-performing family office
- The recent trend of proliferation of single-family offices and multi-family offices
- Wealth creation is driven by technology and innovation
[06:22 – 12:58] Finding the Right Talent for Your Family Office
- Best practices for compensation, hiring, and firing
- The importance of having a clear understanding of their purpose and mission
- Why the qualitative emotional relationship is a chore characteristic
- Family offices are now hiring Chief Learning Officers
[12:59 – 19:31] Uncovering the Challenges of Family Offices
- How to thrive across generations
- Having the right team around you is essential for first-generation wealth creators
- Self-awareness is an important skill for successful family offices.
- The biggest challenge facing family offices today
[19:32 – 25:55] Challenges and Opportunities for Family Offices
- Family offices require a different approach than traditional high-net-worth clients
- Leadership transition can be difficult for families who haven’t done the work early on
- Generational wealth transfer is occurring now and can be challenging for families
- Communication is critical in successful generational transitions
[25:56 – 31:14] Closing Segment
- Philanthropy and investing are becoming increasingly blurred
- How families deploy capital
Brian’s Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/brian-c-adams/
Investing during an election year can feel like a daunting prospect, given the uncertainties and apprehensions that often accompany political transitions.
Join us as we sit down with Kristen Nicholson, entrepreneur and owner of Nashville’s first contrast therapy studio, Urban Sweat. Kristen is a healthcare professional with a background in health administration…
In this episode, host Brian Adams sits down with COO Jarrod Arnold to discuss the disconnect between the financial perceptions and realities facing younger generations today.
Brian Adams is joined by Sarah Johal, co-founder of Parents in Tech Alliance, who highlights the harsh realities caregivers face in the workplace. From discrimination to lack of support, we learn how 75% of the workforce provides care, yet leaders fail to track this untapped talent pool losing billions annually.
A real estate private equity firm that owns and operates high quality multi-tenant office assets in emerging secondary markets.
Interested in learning more about Excelsior's investment opportunities?
104 Woodmont Blvd, Suite 120
Nashville, TN 37205
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances should any information presented on this website be construed as an offer to sell, or solicitation of an offer to purchase any securities or other investments. This website does not contain the information that an investor should consider or evaluate to make a potential investment. Other materials related to investments in entities managed by Excelsior Capital are not available to the general public.