Keeping up with Innovation in Real Estate
Podcast: Keeping up with Innovation in Real Estate
[00:01 – 09:37] How Proptech is Changing The Real Estate Industry
- Proptech is a technology used by real estate experts to optimize the way people buy, sell, research, market, and manage a property.
- The two most recent significant changes in the real estate market are Institutional ownership and the COVID pandemic in terms of valuation
- Some models have pressure from interest rate risk from a macro perspective:
- Those that rely on the value of the real estate
- Those that rely on transaction fees
- Owners tend to gravitate towards assets that:
- Automate function
- Cut down costs
- Provides a competitive edge from a data perspective
[09:38 – 27:11] Prepare for The Market Shift
- SNAPPT is a fraud detection software for multifamily tenant screening
- The problem is that no solution can systematically detect fraud in some of the documents submitted and this is happening a lot
- Here are samples of actionable opportunities within the Proptech investment space
- What’s happening in the venture space today
- Public equities investments are volatile because of a lot of uncertainties
- Allocating into a venture at an earlier stage of growth is one of the best places to invest right now
- Valuations are more reasonable
[27:12 – 34:44] The Appropriate Investment Strategy for Limited Partners (LP) Today
- Have enough exposure to different types of an asset class
- Consider inflation and its effects on your returns
- Allocate less to fixed-income strategies
[37:58 – 40:04] Closing Segment
- Connect with Nish Patel and check out his website at http://www.inertia.vc
Nish’s Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nish1/
Brian’s Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/brian-c-adams/
Among the myriad of data points available, there’s two that stand out as key indicators of profitability: Internal Rate of Return (IRR) and Cash-on-Cash Return.
In the world of alternative investments, few sectors have garnered as much respect for their stability and long-term appreciation potential as commercial real estate.
A real estate private equity firm that owns and operates high quality multi-tenant office assets in emerging secondary markets.
Interested in learning more about Excelsior's investment opportunities?
104 Woodmont Blvd, Suite 120
Nashville, TN 37205
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances should any information presented on this website be construed as an offer to sell, or solicitation of an offer to purchase any securities or other investments. This website does not contain the information that an investor should consider or evaluate to make a potential investment. Other materials related to investments in entities managed by Excelsior Capital are not available to the general public.