Keeping up with Innovation in Real Estate
Podcast: Keeping up with Innovation in Real Estate
[00:01 – 09:37] How Proptech is Changing The Real Estate Industry
- Proptech is a technology used by real estate experts to optimize the way people buy, sell, research, market, and manage a property.
- The two most recent significant changes in the real estate market are Institutional ownership and the COVID pandemic in terms of valuation
- Some models have pressure from interest rate risk from a macro perspective:
- Those that rely on the value of the real estate
- Those that rely on transaction fees
- Owners tend to gravitate towards assets that:
- Automate function
- Cut down costs
- Provides a competitive edge from a data perspective
[09:38 – 27:11] Prepare for The Market Shift
- SNAPPT is a fraud detection software for multifamily tenant screening
- The problem is that no solution can systematically detect fraud in some of the documents submitted and this is happening a lot
- Here are samples of actionable opportunities within the Proptech investment space
- What’s happening in the venture space today
- Public equities investments are volatile because of a lot of uncertainties
- Allocating into a venture at an earlier stage of growth is one of the best places to invest right now
- Valuations are more reasonable
[27:12 – 34:44] The Appropriate Investment Strategy for Limited Partners (LP) Today
- Have enough exposure to different types of an asset class
- Consider inflation and its effects on your returns
- Allocate less to fixed-income strategies
[37:58 – 40:04] Closing Segment
- Connect with Nish Patel and check out his website at http://www.inertia.vc
Nish’s Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nish1/
Brian’s Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/brian-c-adams/
Louis O Connor is the Founder of Strategic Metals Invest, which is currently the only business in the world offering Rare Earths as physical assets to private investors.
Teddy Himler is a Venture Capital Partner, running a fund at Antler that focuses on what he calls emerging tech ecosystems.
Dwayne J. Clark is the Founder and CEO of Aegis Living. With more than 37 years of senior housing experience, Dwayne is nationally known for redefining the industry.
Diana Chambers is a highly respected Family Wealth Mentor and Philanthropic Advisor who established her business in the US in 2002 and subsequently in Switzerland, where she now resides.
A real estate private equity firm that owns and operates high quality multi-tenant office assets in emerging secondary markets.
Interested in learning more about Excelsior's investment opportunities?
104 Woodmont Blvd, Suite 120
Nashville, TN 37205
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances should any information presented on this website be construed as an offer to sell, or solicitation of an offer to purchase any securities or other investments. This website does not contain the information that an investor should consider or evaluate to make a potential investment. Other materials related to investments in entities managed by Excelsior Capital are not available to the general public.