How to Make Accessing Private Blockchains More Efficient
Podcast: How to Make Accessing Private Blockchains More Efficient
[00:01 -06:47] Blockchain for Businesses
- What problem is blockchain solving within the real estate ecosystem?
- Allowing a level of transparency and control that’s hasn’t existed before the system
- Help things be more efficient
- Aaron talks about EarnDLT and how it makes accessing private blockchains efficient
- Make data portable and monetize it
- More streamlined process in representing loan inventory
[06:48 – 13:12] Laws and Regulation
- The adoption of blockchain takes a little longer in heavily regulated industries
- Business purpose lending has fewer regulations
- Regulations apply whenever there is a security issue
- The two biggest challenges on the sponsor side are capital raising and providing liquidity
[13:13 – 18:04] How to Tell You Are Making Progress
- Blockchain delivers immediate ROI and benefits to the users
- Using smart contracts for machine-to-machine communication
- Many sponsors are scared about this change, but it’s important to keep up with the rapidly developing technology
- How Wall Street is reacting:
- They are most bullish on the blockchain because the data is clear, reliable, and transportable that can be applied to different spaces
- Underlying technologies can be used to improve operations and profitability
[18:05 – 30:36] Be A Knowledgeable Investor
- Aaron identifies sectors that’ll benefit most from this technology
- Blockchain in the energy sector: How tokenization can change the energy sector
- Here are the things you need to consider as a sponsor or LP when dealing with financial instruments:
- You need to work with a firm that is SOC 2 compliant and have a strong security policy in place
- Tokenization is not difficult to make but without the tools to properly manage the activities it’ll be dangerous
[30:37 – 31:24] Closing Segment
- Connect with Aaron Lohmann at https://www.linkedin.com/in/aaron-lohmann
Brian’s Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/brian-c-adams/
Louis O Connor is the Founder of Strategic Metals Invest, which is currently the only business in the world offering Rare Earths as physical assets to private investors.
Teddy Himler is a Venture Capital Partner, running a fund at Antler that focuses on what he calls emerging tech ecosystems.
Dwayne J. Clark is the Founder and CEO of Aegis Living. With more than 37 years of senior housing experience, Dwayne is nationally known for redefining the industry.
Diana Chambers is a highly respected Family Wealth Mentor and Philanthropic Advisor who established her business in the US in 2002 and subsequently in Switzerland, where she now resides.
A real estate private equity firm that owns and operates high quality multi-tenant office assets in emerging secondary markets.
Interested in learning more about Excelsior's investment opportunities?
104 Woodmont Blvd, Suite 120
Nashville, TN 37205
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances should any information presented on this website be construed as an offer to sell, or solicitation of an offer to purchase any securities or other investments. This website does not contain the information that an investor should consider or evaluate to make a potential investment. Other materials related to investments in entities managed by Excelsior Capital are not available to the general public.