How Alternative Investments Offer True Diversity
Podcast: How to be Proactive in Today’s Market
[00:01 – 12:53] How to Stay Calm during Market Volatility
- Inflation is high, markets are volatile, and clients are concerned about their investments. Mike discusses how to communicate with clients and how to stay calm during these times.
- Over long periods, the market is usually up, but there have been down years too. Clients can use this information to help them feel more confident about their investments.
- People who take action solely based on volatility and not analysis have worse returns over long periods.
[12:54 – 26:56] The Rise of Fee-Only Financial Advisors
- The number of financial advisors in the US is growing, and fee-only advisors are a growing percentage of this population.
- The growth in advisors is due to increasing education about advisor conflicts of interest and the benefits of working with a fee-only advisor.
- Changes in the tax code, social security, and other policies are to be observed to find opportunities for higher returns on the upside or protect against risk on the downside.
- Mike discusses how their firm is investing in technology and developing in-house investment strategies.
[26:57 – 26:56] Questions to Ask Your Financial Advisor
- Comprehensive wealth management is critical – ensure that this is what the financial advisor can offer. This way, you can get to your goals faster with less stress. Check out https://www.napfa.org/ (https://www.napfa.org/) for more information.
- Proactive clients who ask the right questions are more likely to succeed.
- Delegating tasks to experts can help reduce stress and prevent over-analysis.
- Sometimes, the best thing to do is nothing. It may be better to take a step back to reevaluate instead of taking action triggered by panic.
[36:58 – 41:57] Closing Segment
- Get in touch with Mike Prendergast to learn more about wealth management!
Brian’s Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/brian-c-adams/
Louis O Connor is the Founder of Strategic Metals Invest, which is currently the only business in the world offering Rare Earths as physical assets to private investors.
Teddy Himler is a Venture Capital Partner, running a fund at Antler that focuses on what he calls emerging tech ecosystems.
Dwayne J. Clark is the Founder and CEO of Aegis Living. With more than 37 years of senior housing experience, Dwayne is nationally known for redefining the industry.
Diana Chambers is a highly respected Family Wealth Mentor and Philanthropic Advisor who established her business in the US in 2002 and subsequently in Switzerland, where she now resides.
A real estate private equity firm that owns and operates high quality multi-tenant office assets in emerging secondary markets.
Interested in learning more about Excelsior's investment opportunities?
104 Woodmont Blvd, Suite 120
Nashville, TN 37205
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances should any information presented on this website be construed as an offer to sell, or solicitation of an offer to purchase any securities or other investments. This website does not contain the information that an investor should consider or evaluate to make a potential investment. Other materials related to investments in entities managed by Excelsior Capital are not available to the general public.