How FinTech is Making Private Investing More Accessible
Podcast: How FinTech is Making Private Investing More Accessible
[00:01 – 13:59] Sales are About Generosity, not Selfishness
- FinTech is defined as anything that uses modern technology to connect to financial service
- How alternative investment firms are making investments in private securities easier
- The challenges these firms face in providing this service to their clients.
- The alternative term “private investment” is a misnomer because high net worth individuals and families have been investing outside of the public stock market for years.
- Technology has helped make these firms more efficient and allowed them to expand their services to beta customers.
[14:00 – 30:17] Access to Private Security Investments is Easier Than Ever
- As private investing becomes more accessible and popular, investors need to prioritize diligence and make informed decisions.
- A private security offering is a type of investment that is typically more difficult to access than public securities. This is because the flow of information between the various parties involved is crucial for success.
- Trellis Platform provides exclusive access to alternative investment opportunities, premium content, and education, while also providing an affinity peer-to-peer network of industry professionals.
- Trellis Platforms functions as a marketplace facilitator while protecting its intermediaries.
[30:18 – 40:34] Democratizing Non-Traditional Investment Sources
- How Trellis Platform facilitates transactions between investors and companies, as well as provides support for one-on-one interactions.
- It is in Silicon Valley’s best interest to prioritize larger companies with more spending power instead of smaller VCs, this is why Trellis aims to make more opportunities accessible to more people.
- Trellis is building a standalone product that will allow users to control their identity’s safety and access it through a token system.
[40:35 – 41:52] Closing Segment
- Connect with Dennis Crowley through his website, www.trellisplatform.com
Brian’s Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/brian-c-adams/
The Ultimate Guide to Commercial Real Estate Investing
Learn everything you need to know to assess the benefits of a commercial real estate investment and make the best decisions to get started.
Q1 2023 Commercial Real Estate Investment Update
The commercial real estate industry has seen significant shifts and challenges over the past year, and the first quarter of 2023 was no exception.
Understanding the Waterfall Structure in Real Estate Private Equity Investments
Learn about this distribution framework used in real estate private equity investments. Understand the components of a waterfall structure…
How Much Money Do I Need to Start Investing in Commercial Real Estate?
We frequently have conversations where people tell us, “I want to start investing in commercial real estate, but I’m not sure if I have the capital.”
Benefits of Owning Commercial Property over Residential
While both types of real estate investments have their benefits, investing in CRE can be more advantageous for several reasons.
The Revolution That Wasn’t
How has technology impacted modern finance and created an asymmetrical relationship between Wall Street and individual investors? In this episode, we speak with Spencer Jakab, the author of The Revolution That Wasn’t and editor of the Wall Street Journal’s Heard on the Street column.
Tax Savings Secrets: How Cost Segregation Analysis Can Save You Money
How can cost segregation analysis help real estate investors maximize their returns? In this episode, John Hanning explores the potential benefits of cost recovery studies and depreciation.
What is a Family Owner’s Manual and Do I Need One?
It’s time to make sure you and your family are set up to continue success for generations to come. Today, Josh Kanter shares his journey transitioning from practice as a transactional attorney to reorganizing his family’s activities under a single-family office.
Key Characteristics of High-Performing Family Offices
Are family offices becoming more popular? In this episode, Robert Daugherty dives into the importance of having a functional family office, and the role of the Chief Learning Officer in it.
A real estate private equity firm that owns and operates high quality multi-tenant office assets in emerging secondary markets.
Interested in learning more about Excelsior's investment opportunities?
104 Woodmont Blvd, Suite 120
Nashville, TN 37205
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances should any information presented on this website be construed as an offer to sell, or solicitation of an offer to purchase any securities or other investments. This website does not contain the information that an investor should consider or evaluate to make a potential investment. Other materials related to investments in entities managed by Excelsior Capital are not available to the general public.