Helping Affluent Women Navigate the Complexities of Divorce
Podcast: Helping Affluent Women Navigate the Complexities of Divorce
In this episode, Olivia encourages couples to have a frank and open conversation about money and finances before getting married or in a new relationship. She believes that it is important for everyone to understand their relationship with money in order to make sound financial decisions. In addition, Olivia offers advice on how to keep financial problems from becoming marital conflicts.
[00:07 – 08:18] Tips for women preparing for a divorce
- The taboo topic of money and divorce is still a barrier to discussing these topics.
- The importance of having a conversation about money before getting married.
- Money is a complex topic and it’s important to understand yourself and your relationship around it.
[08:18 – 16:08] A Financial Advisor’s Suggested Steps for Individuals in the Midst of a Divorce
- Talking about finances and emotions with one another is the best way to avoid problems down the road.
- Communicating clearly with families is key
[16:08 – 24:08] How to Handle Divorce Proceedings
- Bringing in the right people – Trust officers, CPAs, attorneys
[24:09 – 32:02] Money Issues and Divorce
- One way to prevent money problems from arising is to have regular conversations about finances.
- Prenups and postnuptial agreements can help couples make sure their wishes about money are clear.
[32:02 – 36:49] Closing Segment
- Visit http://www.summerhillfirm.com for more information
Brian’s Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/brian-c-adams/
Among the myriad of data points available, there’s two that stand out as key indicators of profitability: Internal Rate of Return (IRR) and Cash-on-Cash Return.
In the world of alternative investments, few sectors have garnered as much respect for their stability and long-term appreciation potential as commercial real estate.
A real estate private equity firm that owns and operates high quality multi-tenant office assets in emerging secondary markets.
Interested in learning more about Excelsior's investment opportunities?
104 Woodmont Blvd, Suite 120
Nashville, TN 37205
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances should any information presented on this website be construed as an offer to sell, or solicitation of an offer to purchase any securities or other investments. This website does not contain the information that an investor should consider or evaluate to make a potential investment. Other materials related to investments in entities managed by Excelsior Capital are not available to the general public.