Growth and Brewing Competition within Sports Management
Andrew Douglas Appleby is an experienced sports executive with over 36 years of working at the highest level. He is the chairman and CEO of General Sports Entertainment and the founder of AppleTree Advisory. He has more than 31 years of sales, marketing, and management experience.
Podcast: Growth and Brewing Competition within Sports Management
[00:01 – 12:41] Andy Appleby on Finding Success in the Sports Realm
- Andrew recognized that the sales side of sports was objective and that hard work would lead to success. After two championships with the Detroit Pistons, Appleby left to start his own company.
- Andrew discusses how he got his start in business, starting with a small company that he bought and then went on to create two more successful businesses
- Recognize the challenges of owning a sports team, which is a very demanding and time-consuming endeavor, the importance of a good team, and how it is important to stay true to your values and goals.
[12:42 – 37:24] What It’s Like Owning a Baseball League
- Andrew discusses his career and how owning his own baseball league has been a great experience. He talks about how the DBL has helped him give back to the community and how he is now expanding into other business areas.
- A long history in sports management and marketing entails a unique perspective when it comes to negotiating deals.
- The Super League is a positive development because it brings more competition to the English league system.
[37:25 – 38:57] Closing Segment
- Want to learn more about the ballclub in the Detroit area, check it out!
Jeff Henriksen is the Founder and CEO of Thorpe Abbotts Capital, a behavioral-focused hedge fund focused on exploiting systematic biases in public markets.
With over 35 years of experience, Chris’s philosophy boils down to being a humanist and an optimist. He doesn’t believe in the dichotomy of high potential vs. low potential human beings…
Ryan McCostlin is the CEO and Founder of Tailwater Dental, an adjunct professor at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, and he writes publicly online at ryanmccostlin.com.
AJ is a co-founder of Capstone Companies, the US’s largest privately owned multifamily brokerage. AJ currently sits on the board of Capstone and leads his development company, Catalyst Capital Partners, which has 14 multifamily projects in various stages.
Adrian Reid is a full-time trader based in Australia and the Founder and Trading Coach at Enlightened Stock Trading, which focuses on educating and supporting traders on their journey to profitable systematic trading.
A real estate private equity firm that owns and operates high quality multi-tenant office assets in emerging secondary markets.
Interested in learning more about Excelsior's investment opportunities?
104 Woodmont Blvd, Suite 203
Nashville, TN 37205
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances should any information presented on this website be construed as an offer to sell, or solicitation of an offer to purchase any securities or other investments. This website does not contain the information that an investor should consider or evaluate to make a potential investment. Other materials related to investments in entities managed by Excelsior Capital are not available to the general public.