Generation Wealth: Money, Mentorship, and Meaningful Connections
Podcast: Generation Wealth – Money, Mentorship, and Meaningful Connections
He suggests that those receiving the wealth focus on creating meaningful connections and contributing to causes they care about but with wisdom and sound family values, and not simply on accumulating wealth. Additionally, he highlights the importance of intellectual humility for success and emphasizes philanthropy as an important factor in connecting with others. Jason then provides practical advice on how to help families and CEOs build a stronger foundation and achieve greater outcomes and happiness.
[00:01 – 14:22] Boomer Generation Challenges: Connectivity, Relationships, and Peace of Mind
- Peace of mind and relationships are what patriarchs and matriarchs look for at the end of the day
- Happiness comes from a sense of connection, contribution, and personal growth
- Coachability as a critical success factor in life, business, family, and career
- Biggest challenges facing boomers: peace of mind, relationships (with their children), certainty, significance
[14:23 – 28:13] Navigating the Wealth Transfer: Exploring the Impact of Boomers, Gen Xers, Millennials, and Gen Zs
- Jason’s invention of ThreeEQ (“3EQ” – pragmatic emotional, social, and leadership intelligence)
- Various Gen Xers rose to be pragmatic captains of their companies and industries and don’t see much attention
- The negative stereotypes associated with millennials in the media
- Soft skills are foundationally more important than hard skills over the long haul
- High anxiety and stress caused by addictive digital distractions are a challenge for current high school and college students
[28:14 – 36:46] Gaining Leadership in the Next Generation: Advice from 20,000+ Hours of Successful Coaching and Research
- High-quality preparation with top-notch guidance is key to success in elite college admissions and beyond
- College planning, application, and admissions should be thought of as part of a long-term plan, not just a four-year process
- Advice for engendering leadership: develop strong personal operating systems and employable skills, and coach and groom children with third-party top-notch mentorship early on for greater life-cycle impact and benefits
[36:47 – 42:37] Closing Segment
Connect with Jason by visiting www.ThreeEQ.com
Brian’s Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/brian-c-adams/
Among the myriad of data points available, there’s two that stand out as key indicators of profitability: Internal Rate of Return (IRR) and Cash-on-Cash Return.
In the world of alternative investments, few sectors have garnered as much respect for their stability and long-term appreciation potential as commercial real estate.
A real estate private equity firm that owns and operates high quality multi-tenant office assets in emerging secondary markets.
Interested in learning more about Excelsior's investment opportunities?
104 Woodmont Blvd, Suite 120
Nashville, TN 37205
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances should any information presented on this website be construed as an offer to sell, or solicitation of an offer to purchase any securities or other investments. This website does not contain the information that an investor should consider or evaluate to make a potential investment. Other materials related to investments in entities managed by Excelsior Capital are not available to the general public.