Establishing a Systematic Approach to Cryptocurrency Trading
Podcast: Establishing a Systematic Approach to Cryptocurrency Trading
[00:01 – 18:18] The Key to Managing Your Investment Portfolio
- The principle of diversification is to go as far as you can get as many diversified income streams or profit sources that you can.
- Crypto is not correlated to stocks, has different cycles and time scales, and offers a great opportunity for diversification in a portfolio.
- Systematic trading is a rules-based approach to trading that aims to find profitable opportunities in the market.
- Most traders might have some systematic elements don’t trade systematically. This may result to panic and lead to hurdles in creating financial decisions.
[18:19 – 27:20] How to Avoid the Pitfalls of Trading
- It’s important to have rules that are tested and validated to be profitable. Without confidence in the rules, most people will freak out and misbehave.
- Leverage exists to help brokers make more money, not to help you make more money. Increasing your leverage drastically increases your risk of blowing up your account.
- To stay in the game as a trader, you have to be willing to lose money and take losses.
[27:21 – 32:07] Questions to Ask Your Financial Advisor
- There is a need for systems to be applied to markets in order to make money, and the best way to do that is through a systematic approach.
- The biggest lesson learned for Adrian is that having rules that are profitable and that have confidence in them is key to success.
[32:08 – 34:18] Closing Segment
- Want to learn more about Adrian’s systems? Go to https://enlightenedstocktrading.com/colloquium/ (https://enlightenedstocktrading.com/colloquium/) to find articles, tip sheets, and a free course on how to get started.
Free Resources Exclusively for The Capital Club Podcast Listeners: https://enlightenedstocktrading.com/colloquium/
Brian’s Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/brian-c-adams/
Jeff Henriksen is the Founder and CEO of Thorpe Abbotts Capital, a behavioral-focused hedge fund focused on exploiting systematic biases in public markets.
With over 35 years of experience, Chris’s philosophy boils down to being a humanist and an optimist. He doesn’t believe in the dichotomy of high potential vs. low potential human beings…
Ryan McCostlin is the CEO and Founder of Tailwater Dental, an adjunct professor at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, and he writes publicly online at ryanmccostlin.com.
AJ is a co-founder of Capstone Companies, the US’s largest privately owned multifamily brokerage. AJ currently sits on the board of Capstone and leads his development company, Catalyst Capital Partners, which has 14 multifamily projects in various stages.
A real estate private equity firm that owns and operates high quality multi-tenant office assets in emerging secondary markets.
Interested in learning more about Excelsior's investment opportunities?
104 Woodmont Blvd, Suite 203
Nashville, TN 37205
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances should any information presented on this website be construed as an offer to sell, or solicitation of an offer to purchase any securities or other investments. This website does not contain the information that an investor should consider or evaluate to make a potential investment. Other materials related to investments in entities managed by Excelsior Capital are not available to the general public.