Direct & Co-Investing for Family Offices
Podcast: Direct & Co-Investing for Family Offices
[00:01 -06:47] Opening Segment
- Introduction to Randy Castleman and how direct investing has changed
- He shares his story of how he got started in family office management
[06:48 – 16:01] Beyond Being Transactional
- It is essential to be open and honest about non-financial motivations
- There are unique advantages that family offices have within the direct investing space
- Not working within the same constraints that an institutional fund manager
[16:02 – 33:52] How to De-risk the Disadvantages That Are Inherent within the Family Office Investing Space
- Understand the non-financial motivations and really talk through what you’re trying to accomplish
- Strategic versus Impact Investing
- Consider the deal’s lifecycle and its complete trajectory in the future
- Have a sense of the behaviors of your co-investors
[33:53 – 36:18] Integrate Best Practices without Undermining the Disadvantages
- If you develop your reputation for being good at a certain area amongst your co-investors, they will seek you out
- Whether a family office should have an in-house resource or not is half the battle
- Younger generations are more interested in direct investing
- Advisors must be relevant and helpful not only to the current generation but to the next
[30:37 – 31:24] Closing Segment
- Connect with Randy Castleman on LinkedIn or visit his website!
Randy’s Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/randycastleman
Brian’s Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/brian-c-adams/
Investing during an election year can feel like a daunting prospect, given the uncertainties and apprehensions that often accompany political transitions.
Join us as we sit down with Kristen Nicholson, entrepreneur and owner of Nashville’s first contrast therapy studio, Urban Sweat. Kristen is a healthcare professional with a background in health administration…
In this episode, host Brian Adams sits down with COO Jarrod Arnold to discuss the disconnect between the financial perceptions and realities facing younger generations today.
A real estate private equity firm that owns and operates high quality multi-tenant office assets in emerging secondary markets.
Interested in learning more about Excelsior's investment opportunities?
104 Woodmont Blvd, Suite 120
Nashville, TN 37205
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances should any information presented on this website be construed as an offer to sell, or solicitation of an offer to purchase any securities or other investments. This website does not contain the information that an investor should consider or evaluate to make a potential investment. Other materials related to investments in entities managed by Excelsior Capital are not available to the general public.