Cryptocurrency Investing: The Great Hedge Against Inflation
Podcast: Cryptocurrency Investing: The Great Hedge Against Inflation
[00:01 – 11:41] How Cryptocurrency, Blockchain, and Digital Currency Interact
- Jeff’s involvement with the crypto world began in 2013, sold in 2014, and back into it by 2017 as he worked as a financial consultant for a major US bank. At this time, Bitcoin was experiencing a bull market.
- In 2019, Jeff started to take crypto more seriously and began investing in the asset class full-time.
- Because of its black market origins, Bitcoin has been portrayed as a fraudulent and dangerous investment.
- Blockchain technology is a big deal and cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin are just the beginning. Blockchain is the underlying technology for Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
[11:42 – 32:39] The Warren Buffet Methodology – Do Not Lose Money Permanently
- Bitcoin is an asset that is being looked at more as a store of value than a medium of exchange, but that is changing. The market cap for cryptocurrencies is growing exponentially.
- The World Economic Forum had a meeting in 2021 where they predicted the value of blockchain and crypto would be around 12.6 trillion by 2025.
- Jeff advises what kinds of cryptocurrencies to stay away from and tackles where to invest within the layers of blockchain.
- Rule number one is to not overcomplicate things. You don’t need to over-leverage.
[32:40 – 42:47] Hedge Against Inflation Using Cryptocurrency
- Cryptocurrency is being used as an inflation hedge, with a strong computing network and a lack of central power to print money without consequences.
- Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are seen as a more efficient way to conduct transactions than traditional currency systems.
- Inflation is a major concern for many people, and Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies could help to reduce inflation rates.
- There are many benefits to using Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, such as reduced corruption in other countries.
[42:46 – 42:05] Closing Segment
- Text “crypto” to 877-771-0615 for more information!
The Ultimate Guide to Commercial Real Estate Investing
Learn everything you need to know to assess the benefits of a commercial real estate investment and make the best decisions to get started.
Q1 2023 Commercial Real Estate Investment Update
The commercial real estate industry has seen significant shifts and challenges over the past year, and the first quarter of 2023 was no exception.
Understanding the Waterfall Structure in Real Estate Private Equity Investments
Learn about this distribution framework used in real estate private equity investments. Understand the components of a waterfall structure…
How Much Money Do I Need to Start Investing in Commercial Real Estate?
We frequently have conversations where people tell us, “I want to start investing in commercial real estate, but I’m not sure if I have the capital.”
Benefits of Owning Commercial Property over Residential
While both types of real estate investments have their benefits, investing in CRE can be more advantageous for several reasons.
The Revolution That Wasn’t
How has technology impacted modern finance and created an asymmetrical relationship between Wall Street and individual investors? In this episode, we speak with Spencer Jakab, the author of The Revolution That Wasn’t and editor of the Wall Street Journal’s Heard on the Street column.
Tax Savings Secrets: How Cost Segregation Analysis Can Save You Money
How can cost segregation analysis help real estate investors maximize their returns? In this episode, John Hanning explores the potential benefits of cost recovery studies and depreciation.
What is a Family Owner’s Manual and Do I Need One?
It’s time to make sure you and your family are set up to continue success for generations to come. Today, Josh Kanter shares his journey transitioning from practice as a transactional attorney to reorganizing his family’s activities under a single-family office.
Key Characteristics of High-Performing Family Offices
Are family offices becoming more popular? In this episode, Robert Daugherty dives into the importance of having a functional family office, and the role of the Chief Learning Officer in it.
A real estate private equity firm that owns and operates high quality multi-tenant office assets in emerging secondary markets.
Interested in learning more about Excelsior's investment opportunities?
104 Woodmont Blvd, Suite 120
Nashville, TN 37205
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances should any information presented on this website be construed as an offer to sell, or solicitation of an offer to purchase any securities or other investments. This website does not contain the information that an investor should consider or evaluate to make a potential investment. Other materials related to investments in entities managed by Excelsior Capital are not available to the general public.