Cryptocurrency Investing: The Great Hedge Against Inflation
Podcast: Cryptocurrency Investing: The Great Hedge Against Inflation
[00:01 – 11:41] How Cryptocurrency, Blockchain, and Digital Currency Interact
- Jeff’s involvement with the crypto world began in 2013, sold in 2014, and back into it by 2017 as he worked as a financial consultant for a major US bank. At this time, Bitcoin was experiencing a bull market.
- In 2019, Jeff started to take crypto more seriously and began investing in the asset class full-time.
- Because of its black market origins, Bitcoin has been portrayed as a fraudulent and dangerous investment.
- Blockchain technology is a big deal and cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin are just the beginning. Blockchain is the underlying technology for Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
[11:42 – 32:39] The Warren Buffet Methodology – Do Not Lose Money Permanently
- Bitcoin is an asset that is being looked at more as a store of value than a medium of exchange, but that is changing. The market cap for cryptocurrencies is growing exponentially.
- The World Economic Forum had a meeting in 2021 where they predicted the value of blockchain and crypto would be around 12.6 trillion by 2025.
- Jeff advises what kinds of cryptocurrencies to stay away from and tackles where to invest within the layers of blockchain.
- Rule number one is to not overcomplicate things. You don’t need to over-leverage.
[32:40 – 42:47] Hedge Against Inflation Using Cryptocurrency
- Cryptocurrency is being used as an inflation hedge, with a strong computing network and a lack of central power to print money without consequences.
- Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are seen as a more efficient way to conduct transactions than traditional currency systems.
- Inflation is a major concern for many people, and Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies could help to reduce inflation rates.
- There are many benefits to using Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, such as reduced corruption in other countries.
[42:46 – 42:05] Closing Segment
- Text “crypto” to 877-771-0615 for more information!
Louis O Connor is the Founder of Strategic Metals Invest, which is currently the only business in the world offering Rare Earths as physical assets to private investors.
Teddy Himler is a Venture Capital Partner, running a fund at Antler that focuses on what he calls emerging tech ecosystems.
Dwayne J. Clark is the Founder and CEO of Aegis Living. With more than 37 years of senior housing experience, Dwayne is nationally known for redefining the industry.
Diana Chambers is a highly respected Family Wealth Mentor and Philanthropic Advisor who established her business in the US in 2002 and subsequently in Switzerland, where she now resides.
A real estate private equity firm that owns and operates high quality multi-tenant office assets in emerging secondary markets.
Interested in learning more about Excelsior's investment opportunities?
104 Woodmont Blvd, Suite 120
Nashville, TN 37205
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances should any information presented on this website be construed as an offer to sell, or solicitation of an offer to purchase any securities or other investments. This website does not contain the information that an investor should consider or evaluate to make a potential investment. Other materials related to investments in entities managed by Excelsior Capital are not available to the general public.