Collaboration and Infrastructure within the Sports & Entertainment Industry
Podcast: Collaboration and Infrastructure within the Sports & Entertainment Industry
[00:01 – 12:21] Developing Spaces for the Glory of Sports
- John Loar is the managing director at Music City Baseball, responsible for all the day-to-day business operations at the company.
- Nashville is a good location for a sports and entertainment complex because it has a high demand for tourist attractions and its economy is growing.
- It is possible to have a variety of opportunities to participate in sports, and you want to look at a covered condition facility where you can accommodate that.
[12:20 – 31:44] Collaboration for Adding Value is the Key
- John talks about how his team is considering partnering with a historically black college or university in the area.
- MLB is trying to find ways to keep the fans engaged, especially younger ones, and they believe in creating a fan experience rather than just relying on game length or broadcast timing.
- However, there are still some challenges that new ballpark developments face, such as real estate issues and the potential for relocation. MLB is working to address these challenges.
[31:45 – 33:16] Closing Segment
- The conversation spurred questions from 25-year-old sports fans, so the population is engaged.
Will Crampton sailed across the Atlantic when he was 18, and then flew across the Pacific as an exchange student to China in 1986.
With interest rates being a major factor in commercial real estate returns, many investors fear what high rates, with cap rates following…
A real estate private equity firm that owns and operates high quality multi-tenant office assets in emerging secondary markets.
Interested in learning more about Excelsior's investment opportunities?
104 Woodmont Blvd, Suite 203
Nashville, TN 37205
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances should any information presented on this website be construed as an offer to sell, or solicitation of an offer to purchase any securities or other investments. This website does not contain the information that an investor should consider or evaluate to make a potential investment. Other materials related to investments in entities managed by Excelsior Capital are not available to the general public.