Charitable Giving as Part of the Financial Plan
Podcast: Charitable giving as Part of the Financial Plan
[00:01 – 07:45] The Power of Unrestricted Giving
- Multi-year funding was a challenge for nonprofits as older donors were aging out
- Donors need to know what they want to fund, how much they can afford, and which organizations are available to fund, aligned with their goals
[07:46 – 15:15] Uncovering the Generosity of the Top 2-10% of Donors
- The top 1% of givers give away millions of dollars each year and get most of the attention, but donors in the top 2-10% aren’t usually offered philanthropic support: a missed opportunity
- GiveTeam is a philanthropic planning company that works with financial firms to support their clients in-house around charitable planning, specifically for donors each giving ~$10K-500K/year (those in the top 2-10% of givers)
[15:16 – 21:53] Understanding the Value Proposition for Millennials and Gen Z
- 80 trillion will be passed on to millennials and Gen Z in the next two decades
- 75% of millennials consider themselves philanthropists: financial firms that embrace thoughtful philanthropic advising (beyond tax considerations) for their clients can better connect with this client segment
[21:54 – 30:01] How Donors Can Leverage Industry Trends for Maximum Impact
- When interviewing a financial manager, Erinn suggests that clients should ask about their expertise around helping clients articulate their charitable priorities and developing a thoughtful giving strategy beyond just tax considerations
- Participatory philanthropy is becoming more popular, allowing those closest to the challenges to be involved in decision-making
[30:02 – 30:55] Closing Segment
Connect with Erinn:
Download our FREE Strategizing for Inflation Guide here!
Investing during an election year can feel like a daunting prospect, given the uncertainties and apprehensions that often accompany political transitions.
Join us as we sit down with Kristen Nicholson, entrepreneur and owner of Nashville’s first contrast therapy studio, Urban Sweat. Kristen is a healthcare professional with a background in health administration…
In this episode, host Brian Adams sits down with COO Jarrod Arnold to discuss the disconnect between the financial perceptions and realities facing younger generations today.
Brian Adams is joined by Sarah Johal, co-founder of Parents in Tech Alliance, who highlights the harsh realities caregivers face in the workplace. From discrimination to lack of support, we learn how 75% of the workforce provides care, yet leaders fail to track this untapped talent pool losing billions annually.
A real estate private equity firm that owns and operates high quality multi-tenant office assets in emerging secondary markets.
Interested in learning more about Excelsior's investment opportunities?
104 Woodmont Blvd, Suite 120
Nashville, TN 37205
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances should any information presented on this website be construed as an offer to sell, or solicitation of an offer to purchase any securities or other investments. This website does not contain the information that an investor should consider or evaluate to make a potential investment. Other materials related to investments in entities managed by Excelsior Capital are not available to the general public.