An Inside Look into Sustainable Startups in the Electric Vehicle (EV) Space
Raven Hernandez is the founder of Earth Rides, an all-electric rideshare app. Raven, alongside her partner, Peter Smith, launched Earth Rides in October 2020 in her hometown of Nashville, Tennessee with a mission to accelerate the adoption of electric vehicles, while creating an ecosystem where healthy is cool.
Podcast: An Inside Look into Sustainable Startups in the Electric Vehicle (EV) Space
[00:01 – 20:11] How an Ambitious Goal in the Electric Vehicle Space Came into Fruition
- The motivation behind starting Earth Rides is caring for our health and connecting people to clean technology.
- To maintain power and authority in a startup, it takes working with the right people who believe in the mission.
- Raven shares how the company raised the initial capital through connections. The company ended up gaining profit by the sixth month. The company is growing quickly in Nashville and Austin and is looking to expand to other cities.
[20:12 – 37:05] The Evolution of Technology – The Way to Sustainability
- Raven discusses the (OEM) Original Equipment Manufacturer space and updates on technology.
- There is more than just rides – it is about the total experience wherein gas stations can be converted into top-notch functional spaces.
- In the EV industry, the tipping point is not in sight as technology is always evolving.
- Entrepreneurship requires constant learning. Know how to prioritize what to tackle first.
[37:06 – 45:05] Closing Segment
- Work with people who believe in the company’s vision.
- If you are interested in participating in the EV space, connect with Raven!
Investing during an election year can feel like a daunting prospect, given the uncertainties and apprehensions that often accompany political transitions.
Join us as we sit down with Kristen Nicholson, entrepreneur and owner of Nashville’s first contrast therapy studio, Urban Sweat. Kristen is a healthcare professional with a background in health administration…
In this episode, host Brian Adams sits down with COO Jarrod Arnold to discuss the disconnect between the financial perceptions and realities facing younger generations today.
Brian Adams is joined by Sarah Johal, co-founder of Parents in Tech Alliance, who highlights the harsh realities caregivers face in the workplace. From discrimination to lack of support, we learn how 75% of the workforce provides care, yet leaders fail to track this untapped talent pool losing billions annually.
Zack Cooper, senior fellow at the American Enterprise Institute and lecturer at Princeton University, joins us for an engaging discussion about geopolitical issues today.
A real estate private equity firm that owns and operates high quality multi-tenant office assets in emerging secondary markets.
Interested in learning more about Excelsior's investment opportunities?
104 Woodmont Blvd, Suite 120
Nashville, TN 37205
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances should any information presented on this website be construed as an offer to sell, or solicitation of an offer to purchase any securities or other investments. This website does not contain the information that an investor should consider or evaluate to make a potential investment. Other materials related to investments in entities managed by Excelsior Capital are not available to the general public.