An Inside Look into Sustainable Startups in the Electric Vehicle (EV) Space
Raven Hernandez is the founder of Earth Rides, an all-electric rideshare app. Raven, alongside her partner, Peter Smith, launched Earth Rides in October 2020 in her hometown of Nashville, Tennessee with a mission to accelerate the adoption of electric vehicles, while creating an ecosystem where healthy is cool.
Podcast: An Inside Look into Sustainable Startups in the Electric Vehicle (EV) Space
[00:01 – 20:11] How an Ambitious Goal in the Electric Vehicle Space Came into Fruition
- The motivation behind starting Earth Rides is caring for our health and connecting people to clean technology.
- To maintain power and authority in a startup, it takes working with the right people who believe in the mission.
- Raven shares how the company raised the initial capital through connections. The company ended up gaining profit by the sixth month. The company is growing quickly in Nashville and Austin and is looking to expand to other cities.
[20:12 – 37:05] The Evolution of Technology – The Way to Sustainability
- Raven discusses the (OEM) Original Equipment Manufacturer space and updates on technology.
- There is more than just rides – it is about the total experience wherein gas stations can be converted into top-notch functional spaces.
- In the EV industry, the tipping point is not in sight as technology is always evolving.
- Entrepreneurship requires constant learning. Know how to prioritize what to tackle first.
[37:06 – 45:05] Closing Segment
- Work with people who believe in the company’s vision.
- If you are interested in participating in the EV space, connect with Raven!
Jeff Henriksen is the Founder and CEO of Thorpe Abbotts Capital, a behavioral-focused hedge fund focused on exploiting systematic biases in public markets.
With over 35 years of experience, Chris’s philosophy boils down to being a humanist and an optimist. He doesn’t believe in the dichotomy of high potential vs. low potential human beings…
Ryan McCostlin is the CEO and Founder of Tailwater Dental, an adjunct professor at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, and he writes publicly online at ryanmccostlin.com.
AJ is a co-founder of Capstone Companies, the US’s largest privately owned multifamily brokerage. AJ currently sits on the board of Capstone and leads his development company, Catalyst Capital Partners, which has 14 multifamily projects in various stages.
Adrian Reid is a full-time trader based in Australia and the Founder and Trading Coach at Enlightened Stock Trading, which focuses on educating and supporting traders on their journey to profitable systematic trading.
A real estate private equity firm that owns and operates high quality multi-tenant office assets in emerging secondary markets.
Interested in learning more about Excelsior's investment opportunities?
104 Woodmont Blvd, Suite 203
Nashville, TN 37205
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances should any information presented on this website be construed as an offer to sell, or solicitation of an offer to purchase any securities or other investments. This website does not contain the information that an investor should consider or evaluate to make a potential investment. Other materials related to investments in entities managed by Excelsior Capital are not available to the general public.