An Inside Look into Sustainable Startups in the Electric Vehicle (EV) Space
Raven Hernandez is the founder of Earth Rides, an all-electric rideshare app. Raven, alongside her partner, Peter Smith, launched Earth Rides in October 2020 in her hometown of Nashville, Tennessee with a mission to accelerate the adoption of electric vehicles, while creating an ecosystem where healthy is cool.
Podcast: An Inside Look into Sustainable Startups in the Electric Vehicle (EV) Space
[00:01 – 20:11] How an Ambitious Goal in the Electric Vehicle Space Came into Fruition
- The motivation behind starting Earth Rides is caring for our health and connecting people to clean technology.
- To maintain power and authority in a startup, it takes working with the right people who believe in the mission.
- Raven shares how the company raised the initial capital through connections. The company ended up gaining profit by the sixth month. The company is growing quickly in Nashville and Austin and is looking to expand to other cities.
[20:12 – 37:05] The Evolution of Technology – The Way to Sustainability
- Raven discusses the (OEM) Original Equipment Manufacturer space and updates on technology.
- There is more than just rides – it is about the total experience wherein gas stations can be converted into top-notch functional spaces.
- In the EV industry, the tipping point is not in sight as technology is always evolving.
- Entrepreneurship requires constant learning. Know how to prioritize what to tackle first.
[37:06 – 45:05] Closing Segment
- Work with people who believe in the company’s vision.
- If you are interested in participating in the EV space, connect with Raven!
The Ultimate Guide to Commercial Real Estate Investing
Learn everything you need to know to assess the benefits of a commercial real estate investment and make the best decisions to get started.
Q1 2023 Commercial Real Estate Investment Update
The commercial real estate industry has seen significant shifts and challenges over the past year, and the first quarter of 2023 was no exception.
Understanding the Waterfall Structure in Real Estate Private Equity Investments
Learn about this distribution framework used in real estate private equity investments. Understand the components of a waterfall structure…
How Much Money Do I Need to Start Investing in Commercial Real Estate?
We frequently have conversations where people tell us, “I want to start investing in commercial real estate, but I’m not sure if I have the capital.”
Benefits of Owning Commercial Property over Residential
While both types of real estate investments have their benefits, investing in CRE can be more advantageous for several reasons.
The Revolution That Wasn’t
How has technology impacted modern finance and created an asymmetrical relationship between Wall Street and individual investors? In this episode, we speak with Spencer Jakab, the author of The Revolution That Wasn’t and editor of the Wall Street Journal’s Heard on the Street column.
Tax Savings Secrets: How Cost Segregation Analysis Can Save You Money
How can cost segregation analysis help real estate investors maximize their returns? In this episode, John Hanning explores the potential benefits of cost recovery studies and depreciation.
What is a Family Owner’s Manual and Do I Need One?
It’s time to make sure you and your family are set up to continue success for generations to come. Today, Josh Kanter shares his journey transitioning from practice as a transactional attorney to reorganizing his family’s activities under a single-family office.
Key Characteristics of High-Performing Family Offices
Are family offices becoming more popular? In this episode, Robert Daugherty dives into the importance of having a functional family office, and the role of the Chief Learning Officer in it.
A real estate private equity firm that owns and operates high quality multi-tenant office assets in emerging secondary markets.
Interested in learning more about Excelsior's investment opportunities?
104 Woodmont Blvd, Suite 120
Nashville, TN 37205
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances should any information presented on this website be construed as an offer to sell, or solicitation of an offer to purchase any securities or other investments. This website does not contain the information that an investor should consider or evaluate to make a potential investment. Other materials related to investments in entities managed by Excelsior Capital are not available to the general public.