An Inside Look at Asset Management in Today’s Environment
What does it take to effectively manage financial assets? With the numerous financial instruments out there, how do we determine which is better for you than the rest?
Podcast: An Inside Look at Asset Management in Today’s Environment
[00:01 – 10:07] Navigating the Waters of the Finance Industry
- Louis Frank is responsible for managing the LotusGroup Alternative Asset Platform, which involves strategy design, manager due diligence, and portfolio management.
- The mindset of battle alternatives has changed over the last few decades, as advisors have become more aware of the risks involved in traditional fixed-income investments.
- When choosing where to invest, understand the space and look at the companies themselves. It is important to have a good team in place that can help you navigate these waters.
[10:08 – 20:32] The Search for Diversified Opportunities
- In reality, building a network takes a huge amount of time. It is a full-time job and it is extremely important to keep in touch with networking opportunities.
- Private practice requires finding the right partners and vendors to help provide scalability and efficiency.
- Consider automation and make sure that the processes are as efficient as possible to get the work done in a timely manner.
- Louis discusses the focus on offering diversified opportunities to their clients, as well as their own separate company which specializes in life settlement products. The company is investing in slow, steady returns rather than in high-risk private equity.
[20:33 – 31:07] A Deeper Look into the Financial Assets
- Access to good deals and allowing minimum investment is important, as it allows smaller investors to invest in the deals.
- Louis emphasizes the importance of looking at private equity in light of current macroeconomic conditions.
- Interest rates are going to rise and borrowers should consider taking out real estate loans with floating rates to protect themselves from rising interest rates.
- A life settlement is when a company buys the beneficiary interest of a life insurance contract from the policyholder. This allows the policyholder to receive cash or assets instead of receiving insurance benefits. There are many benefits to receiving a life settlement, such as avoiding estate taxes and receiving cash immediately.
[31:08 – 33:16] Closing Segment
- The trend of families is becoming more global and it boils down to ensuring privacy and risk.
Investing during an election year can feel like a daunting prospect, given the uncertainties and apprehensions that often accompany political transitions.
Join us as we sit down with Kristen Nicholson, entrepreneur and owner of Nashville’s first contrast therapy studio, Urban Sweat. Kristen is a healthcare professional with a background in health administration…
In this episode, host Brian Adams sits down with COO Jarrod Arnold to discuss the disconnect between the financial perceptions and realities facing younger generations today.
Brian Adams is joined by Sarah Johal, co-founder of Parents in Tech Alliance, who highlights the harsh realities caregivers face in the workplace. From discrimination to lack of support, we learn how 75% of the workforce provides care, yet leaders fail to track this untapped talent pool losing billions annually.
A real estate private equity firm that owns and operates high quality multi-tenant office assets in emerging secondary markets.
Interested in learning more about Excelsior's investment opportunities?
104 Woodmont Blvd, Suite 120
Nashville, TN 37205
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances should any information presented on this website be construed as an offer to sell, or solicitation of an offer to purchase any securities or other investments. This website does not contain the information that an investor should consider or evaluate to make a potential investment. Other materials related to investments in entities managed by Excelsior Capital are not available to the general public.