An Inside Look at Asset Management in Today’s Environment
What does it take to effectively manage financial assets? With the numerous financial instruments out there, how do we determine which is better for you than the rest?
Podcast: An Inside Look at Asset Management in Today’s Environment
[00:01 – 10:07] Navigating the Waters of the Finance Industry
- Louis Frank is responsible for managing the LotusGroup Alternative Asset Platform, which involves strategy design, manager due diligence, and portfolio management.
- The mindset of battle alternatives has changed over the last few decades, as advisors have become more aware of the risks involved in traditional fixed-income investments.
- When choosing where to invest, understand the space and look at the companies themselves. It is important to have a good team in place that can help you navigate these waters.
[10:08 – 20:32] The Search for Diversified Opportunities
- In reality, building a network takes a huge amount of time. It is a full-time job and it is extremely important to keep in touch with networking opportunities.
- Private practice requires finding the right partners and vendors to help provide scalability and efficiency.
- Consider automation and make sure that the processes are as efficient as possible to get the work done in a timely manner.
- Louis discusses the focus on offering diversified opportunities to their clients, as well as their own separate company which specializes in life settlement products. The company is investing in slow, steady returns rather than in high-risk private equity.
[20:33 – 31:07] A Deeper Look into the Financial Assets
- Access to good deals and allowing minimum investment is important, as it allows smaller investors to invest in the deals.
- Louis emphasizes the importance of looking at private equity in light of current macroeconomic conditions.
- Interest rates are going to rise and borrowers should consider taking out real estate loans with floating rates to protect themselves from rising interest rates.
- A life settlement is when a company buys the beneficiary interest of a life insurance contract from the policyholder. This allows the policyholder to receive cash or assets instead of receiving insurance benefits. There are many benefits to receiving a life settlement, such as avoiding estate taxes and receiving cash immediately.
[31:08 – 33:16] Closing Segment
- The trend of families is becoming more global and it boils down to ensuring privacy and risk.
The Ultimate Guide to Commercial Real Estate Investing
Learn everything you need to know to assess the benefits of a commercial real estate investment and make the best decisions to get started.
How Much Money Do I Need to Start Investing in Commercial Real Estate?
We frequently have conversations where people tell us, “I want to start investing in commercial real estate, but I’m not sure if I have the capital.”
Benefits of Owning Commercial Property over Residential
While both types of real estate investments have their benefits, investing in CRE can be more advantageous for several reasons.
The Revolution That Wasn’t
How has technology impacted modern finance and created an asymmetrical relationship between Wall Street and individual investors? In this episode, we speak with Spencer Jakab, the author of The Revolution That Wasn’t and editor of the Wall Street Journal’s Heard on the Street column.
Tax Savings Secrets: How Cost Segregation Analysis Can Save You Money
How can cost segregation analysis help real estate investors maximize their returns? In this episode, John Hanning explores the potential benefits of cost recovery studies and depreciation.
What is a Family Owner’s Manual and Do I Need One?
It’s time to make sure you and your family are set up to continue success for generations to come. Today, Josh Kanter shares his journey transitioning from practice as a transactional attorney to reorganizing his family’s activities under a single-family office.
Key Characteristics of High-Performing Family Offices
Are family offices becoming more popular? In this episode, Robert Daugherty dives into the importance of having a functional family office, and the role of the Chief Learning Officer in it.
Talking to Your Parents about Their Finances
As your parents age, you may find that you want or need to broach the often-difficult subject of finances. In this episode, Cameron Huddleston, an award-winning personal finance journalist, discusses how to have meaningful conversations with your parents about their finances.
Pros, Cons, and Features of Robo-Advisors for the Wealthy
Learn how to amass wealth – the right way, for you. In this episode, Barbara Friedberg, a former portfolio manager and university investments and finance instructor, delves into how robo-advisors have revolutionized traditional financial advisory services.
A real estate private equity firm that owns and operates high quality multi-tenant office assets in emerging secondary markets.
Interested in learning more about Excelsior's investment opportunities?
104 Woodmont Blvd, Suite 120
Nashville, TN 37205
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances should any information presented on this website be construed as an offer to sell, or solicitation of an offer to purchase any securities or other investments. This website does not contain the information that an investor should consider or evaluate to make a potential investment. Other materials related to investments in entities managed by Excelsior Capital are not available to the general public.