An In-Depth Interpretation of the Generational Narrative
With over 35 years of experience, Chris’s philosophy boils down to being a humanist and an optimist. He doesn’t believe in the dichotomy of high potential vs. low potential human beings but rather that, in the right circumstances with the right support, resources, and knowledge, everyone is capable of great things.
Podcast: An In-Depth Interpretation of the Generational Narrative
[00:01 – 15:40] A Deeper Look into Generational Dynamics
- Humans are not designed for the masses but for small groups of people
- Realizing the harm with generational stereotypes – they are more based on perception
- Generations are not destiny – their experiences and upbringing shape who they become
- Generational narratives are not global or universal – they apply to a certain segment
[15:41 – 30:18] How Boomers Parent Their Millennial Children Differs
- The parenting model differs in each generation, and this creates tension between parents
- Parenting models should be a conversation to have to achieve awareness and responsibility
- The exponential rate of change within society is impacting generational cohorts
- How the socioeconomic chasm will have a more significant impact in the future
[30:19 – 50:32] The Move from the Implicit to the Explicit Model
- Being aware of differences entails moving away from traditional red/blue social structures
- Boomers need to adapt to the changing workplace environment and away from compliance-only
- Figuring out what skills can be applied in other arenas to stay engaged in the workforce
- Millennials will become more entrepreneurial and less reliant on corporations
[50:33 – 54:28] Closing Segment
- Want to learn more about generational narratives in the workplace? Check out Chris’ book.
Chris’ book: https://www.amazon.com/Why-Find-You-Irritating-Generational/dp/1645439372#:~:text=%E2%80%9CWhy%20I%20Find%20You%20Irritating,communication%20in%20the%20multigenerational%20workplace
Brian’s Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/brian-c-adams/
The Ultimate Guide to Commercial Real Estate Investing
Learn everything you need to know to assess the benefits of a commercial real estate investment and make the best decisions to get started.
Q1 2023 Commercial Real Estate Investment Update
The commercial real estate industry has seen significant shifts and challenges over the past year, and the first quarter of 2023 was no exception.
Understanding the Waterfall Structure in Real Estate Private Equity Investments
Learn about this distribution framework used in real estate private equity investments. Understand the components of a waterfall structure…
How Much Money Do I Need to Start Investing in Commercial Real Estate?
We frequently have conversations where people tell us, “I want to start investing in commercial real estate, but I’m not sure if I have the capital.”
Benefits of Owning Commercial Property over Residential
While both types of real estate investments have their benefits, investing in CRE can be more advantageous for several reasons.
The Revolution That Wasn’t
How has technology impacted modern finance and created an asymmetrical relationship between Wall Street and individual investors? In this episode, we speak with Spencer Jakab, the author of The Revolution That Wasn’t and editor of the Wall Street Journal’s Heard on the Street column.
Tax Savings Secrets: How Cost Segregation Analysis Can Save You Money
How can cost segregation analysis help real estate investors maximize their returns? In this episode, John Hanning explores the potential benefits of cost recovery studies and depreciation.
What is a Family Owner’s Manual and Do I Need One?
It’s time to make sure you and your family are set up to continue success for generations to come. Today, Josh Kanter shares his journey transitioning from practice as a transactional attorney to reorganizing his family’s activities under a single-family office.
Key Characteristics of High-Performing Family Offices
Are family offices becoming more popular? In this episode, Robert Daugherty dives into the importance of having a functional family office, and the role of the Chief Learning Officer in it.
A real estate private equity firm that owns and operates high quality multi-tenant office assets in emerging secondary markets.
Interested in learning more about Excelsior's investment opportunities?
104 Woodmont Blvd, Suite 120
Nashville, TN 37205
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances should any information presented on this website be construed as an offer to sell, or solicitation of an offer to purchase any securities or other investments. This website does not contain the information that an investor should consider or evaluate to make a potential investment. Other materials related to investments in entities managed by Excelsior Capital are not available to the general public.