An In-Depth Interpretation of the Generational Narrative
With over 35 years of experience, Chris’s philosophy boils down to being a humanist and an optimist. He doesn’t believe in the dichotomy of high potential vs. low potential human beings but rather that, in the right circumstances with the right support, resources, and knowledge, everyone is capable of great things.
Podcast: An In-Depth Interpretation of the Generational Narrative
[00:01 – 15:40] A Deeper Look into Generational Dynamics
- Humans are not designed for the masses but for small groups of people
- Realizing the harm with generational stereotypes – they are more based on perception
- Generations are not destiny – their experiences and upbringing shape who they become
- Generational narratives are not global or universal – they apply to a certain segment
[15:41 – 30:18] How Boomers Parent Their Millennial Children Differs
- The parenting model differs in each generation, and this creates tension between parents
- Parenting models should be a conversation to have to achieve awareness and responsibility
- The exponential rate of change within society is impacting generational cohorts
- How the socioeconomic chasm will have a more significant impact in the future
[30:19 – 50:32] The Move from the Implicit to the Explicit Model
- Being aware of differences entails moving away from traditional red/blue social structures
- Boomers need to adapt to the changing workplace environment and away from compliance-only
- Figuring out what skills can be applied in other arenas to stay engaged in the workforce
- Millennials will become more entrepreneurial and less reliant on corporations
[50:33 – 54:28] Closing Segment
- Want to learn more about generational narratives in the workplace? Check out Chris’ book.
Brian’s Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/brian-c-adams/
Real estate syndications are one of the best ways to access the full tax benefits of real estate ownership while still investing passively.
Jeff Strese is an Organizational Development Consultant and Executive Coach focusing on multi-generational family enterprises, corporations, and mission-driven nonprofit organizations.
David Mandel is an emerging tech Super-Angel Investor and managing partner of Emerging Ventures Capital. He has invested in over 500 startups.
Billy Keels is the founder of First Generation Capital Partners. He grew up knowing nothing about investing and challenged himself to learn everything.
A real estate private equity firm that owns and operates high quality multi-tenant office assets in emerging secondary markets.
Interested in learning more about Excelsior's investment opportunities?
104 Woodmont Blvd, Suite 120
Nashville, TN 37205
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances should any information presented on this website be construed as an offer to sell, or solicitation of an offer to purchase any securities or other investments. This website does not contain the information that an investor should consider or evaluate to make a potential investment. Other materials related to investments in entities managed by Excelsior Capital are not available to the general public.