A 3-Step Plan to Transform Anxiety into Power
Podcast: A 3-Step Plan to Transform Anxiety into Power
[00:00 – 07:55] Opening Segment
- Introducing Dr. Luana to the show
- The motivation behind her book, Bold Move, was to help as many people as possible learn the skills that she used to get out of poverty and adversity in Brazil
- Her mother and grandmother taught her how to approach instead of avoid, think differently, and open the door to a different life
- Anxiety can be misused in modern life – it has physical symptoms
[07:55 – 15:35] Unpacking the Fever vs. Infection of Anxiety
- Anxiety is a fever, and psychological avoidance is an infection
- The ability to pause our brain is a superpower
- TEB Cycle: Thoughts, Emotions, and Behavior Cycle
- Approach not Avoid: Opposite action to push back against Anxiety
- Values-Driven Life: Align daily activities with fundamental values
[15:36 – 23:41] Achieving Balance and Reducing Stress Through Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Audit your week ahead to see if it aligns with your stated values
- Don’t put activities on your calendar that are not value-driven
- Brain health deserves the same attention as physical health
- If you wake up with dread, work on your thinking or do some exercise
[23:42 – 33:49] Overcoming Cognitive Distortions and Dissonance to Achieve Success
- Mental health and physical wellness directly impact one’s ability to be successful in professional and family life
- Cognitive distortions are caused by the brain creating categories for things and interpreting them as fast as possible
- Successful people often dismiss their success due to dissonance between their beliefs and reality
[33:50 – 35:38] Closing Segment
Connect with Brian on LinkedIn!
Investing during an election year can feel like a daunting prospect, given the uncertainties and apprehensions that often accompany political transitions.
Join us as we sit down with Kristen Nicholson, entrepreneur and owner of Nashville’s first contrast therapy studio, Urban Sweat. Kristen is a healthcare professional with a background in health administration…
In this episode, host Brian Adams sits down with COO Jarrod Arnold to discuss the disconnect between the financial perceptions and realities facing younger generations today.
Brian Adams is joined by Sarah Johal, co-founder of Parents in Tech Alliance, who highlights the harsh realities caregivers face in the workplace. From discrimination to lack of support, we learn how 75% of the workforce provides care, yet leaders fail to track this untapped talent pool losing billions annually.
Zack Cooper, senior fellow at the American Enterprise Institute and lecturer at Princeton University, joins us for an engaging discussion about geopolitical issues today.
A real estate private equity firm that owns and operates high quality multi-tenant office assets in emerging secondary markets.
Interested in learning more about Excelsior's investment opportunities?
104 Woodmont Blvd, Suite 120
Nashville, TN 37205
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances should any information presented on this website be construed as an offer to sell, or solicitation of an offer to purchase any securities or other investments. This website does not contain the information that an investor should consider or evaluate to make a potential investment. Other materials related to investments in entities managed by Excelsior Capital are not available to the general public.