[Webinar] Actionable Investment Opportunities in Distressed Markets
Recent market volatility has created broad based opportunities not seen since the aftermath of the Global Financial Crisis. For investors and families looking to deploy capital in these distressed markets, there are many questions around which opportunities might offer the greatest reward, which are smart bets and which should be avoided all together.
On May 1st, we hosted a panel discussion featuring Scott Solomon, VP – Associate Portfolio Manager at T. Rowe Price, Jeremy Knox, Senior Investment Director at Schroder Adveq, John Lueken and Jesse Kimball, Founder of Windswept Royalties, LLC. These featured panelists represented the investment sectors that have been hit hardest by COVID-19 and in the webinar, discussed the most common questions they are currently being faced with, specific areas where valuations have been unfairly punished, where price arbitrage opportunities exist and the economic indicators that are most telling.
In this webinar we discussed:
1) State of the respective markets
2) Where and when investment opportunities could present themselves
3) Actionable investment ideas for families and investors looking to deploy capital
Some Highlights From The Webinar
In the sectors of Public Equities, Global Fixed Income, Private Equity and Oil & Gas, our panelists revealed where and when investment opportunities could present themselves. Here are the four key takeaways:
1. 40% of companies in the Russell 2000 lose money – this creates a sensible short play
2. New round of TALF funding will create opportunities in the Asset-Backed Securities market
3. Healthcare private equity remains well positioned in a post-COVID world
4. Integrated energy companies that are supermajors in the space will go into acquisition mode, accumulating independent operators and interesting assets
Will Crampton sailed across the Atlantic when he was 18, and then flew across the Pacific as an exchange student to China in 1986.
He led the acquisition efforts on behalf of investment groups for two Major League Baseball franchises and executed both the acquisition…
A real estate private equity firm that owns and operates high quality multi-tenant office assets in emerging secondary markets.
Interested in learning more about Excelsior's investment opportunities?
Under no circumstances should any information presented on this website be construed as an offer to sell, or solicitation of an offer to purchase any securities or other investments. This website does not contain the information that an investor should consider or evaluate to make a potential investment. Other materials related to investments in entities managed by Excelsior Capital are not available to the general public.